Muslims are peaceful people, right?

Muslims are peaceful people, right?

Koran 2:191 "slay the unbelievers wherever you find them"
Koran 3:21 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends"
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam"
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Koran"
Koran 8:60 " Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels"
Koran 8:65 "The unbelievers are stupid, urge all Muslims to fight them"
Koran 9:5 "When the opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you find them"
Koran 9:123 "Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood"
Koran 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies"
Koran 47:4 "Do not hanker for peace with the infidels, behead them when you catch them".
The defence of this is the Old Testament in The Bible contains countless accounts of absolutely brutal behavior, carried out in the name of God by his chosen people.

Have you ever read the account of the Battle of Jerihico. Brutal genocide is the best way to describe what "Gods People" were told to do by their Diety.

"Leave nothing alive"

The big difference is the Bible is in two parts, the Old Testament and the New. The New Testament reflects the teachings of Christ and is the model for modern Christianity.

The Koran needs a "New Testament".
I am a Christian. I am not guided by what is in the Bible but rather what is in my heart, most of which goes along with the teachings in the new testament. I believe the same to be true of others, including Muslims when it comes to the Quran. Unfortunately there are a small minority of Muslims who do believe what Dilbert wrote and those few make it very difficult for others in the religion.

Here is a good article on the subject:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...und-the-world/

The big difference is the Bible is in two parts, the Old Testament and the New. The New Testament reflects the teachings of Christ and is the model for modern Christianity. Originally Posted by Jackie S
But what is important to remember is that the God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament. He has not changed.
  • grean
  • 09-06-2017, 08:20 AM
For each Qoran verse of violence there is one equally violent in the Christian bible. There are plenty of verses preaching peace in both.

The percentage of radicals who claim Islam or Christianity, note I said claim and not they are actually believers, is quite small.
All the intolerance, cruelty and violence in the Bible.

All the intolerance,
cruelty and violence
in the Quran.

It's hard to call out the Quran as a purely hateful doctrine while giving our own sacred cow a total pass. Both texts have aged poorly, and are filled with the same call to arms and God-sanctioned (if not God-ordered) intolerance torture, and murder against those who differ in their beliefs.
The big difference is the Bible is in two parts, the Old Testament and the New. The New Testament reflects the teachings of Christ and is the model for modern Christianity.

The Koran needs a "New Testament". Originally Posted by Jackie S
Exactly. The old testament was filled with those things, but got revised.
BUT I DON'T ever see the muslims ever revising the 'death and depravity out of the koran'..
All the intolerance, cruelty and violence in the Bible.

All the intolerance,
cruelty and violence
in the Quran.

It's hard to call out the Quran as a purely hateful doctrine while giving our own sacred cow a total pass. Both texts have aged poorly, and are filled with the same call to arms and God-sanctioned (if not God-ordered) intolerance torture, and murder against those who differ in their beliefs. Originally Posted by SaytownFinest
The bible has been abused in ways in it shouldn't have been used as justification for violence. One only have to look at some of the Popes behavior over the years and they were not nice people!!!

The use of "old testament" is very selective. Its just used for guidance and wisdom and also for historical reference for the "new testament". the violent parts are ignored.

the one most Christians follow is the new testament.
Peaceful fucking MOOSLIMS in action.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ad_1344820039

All of fucking worthless violet animals that declared themselves MOOSLIMS need to be shot on sight.