Don Henley Boys of Summer

Rate it: incredible, okay, or boring

And the greater Don: Henley or Felder ?
Boys of Summer is a good song, not great. It was a pop hit but he put out way better songs during that time of his solo career. Dirty Laundry, Last Worthless Evening, End of the Innocence, to name a few that were more Henley like but maybe not the biggest of pop hits although Dirty Laundry didn't do bad.

Comparing Henley and Felder is like comparing apples and oranges. Felder was a great guitarist. Henley won't ever be remembered for his guitar work. In fact I don't think he really plays anything but rhythm.

What sets Henley apart in my mind is his lyrics and the way he arranged them. They're poignant and well presented. I've always thought that his lyrics told his story and how he felt about his life, broken relationships, and the excesses of society.
My personal favorite(lyrics wise) out of a long line of great songs is Long Road out of Eden. I think it very well may be his Opus. It says so much.
5 star rating

Don Henley all the way!
"Boys Of Summer", was a song I discovered playing GTA Vice City.

Vice City has introduced music from 70s, 80s, and 90s music to this generation who would've never heard these tunes before.
Who?....
  • Mokoa
  • 09-30-2020, 10:30 PM
Dirty Laundry is it!
Wonder how much GTA Vice City has to pay for using the songs
Incredible.. Propulsive, driving classic. Perfect for a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway.

Henley over Felder by a substantial margin.
It does sound like a classic. A song that freezes time....at least for a moment.