newbie here with questions

Is it odd to get an email and a text from some one on here saying they are from same town no pics on there add, wanting you to email them on yahoo then their add on here disapears? Her name was summerhayes
Summerhayes is a registered member here, and, like you, a relatively new one (having joined less than 10 days ago).

Summer has never had an ad here, as she is not a Verified Provider, so not sure what you are referring to. She also has no posts.

Not sure how any member would get your cell phone number to send you a text message.

As to you getting an email, you set your account up to allow members to contact you here via your email address. Your email address does NOT appear to the public, but the app allows members here to send you a message that comes to the email address you listed.

I hope that helps.

ff
OK thanks i meant a private message not a txt sorry for that. It just kinda spooked me a little to get a message right after signing up and when I tried to look the sender up I couldn't find them. I didn't know that other members could see each other online and contact each other.
Ffireman did a great job of answering, but as it seems you are looking for a discussion, and, in general, you won't get a discussion in this subforum (rather simply an answer to your question) allow me a moment to chime in my thoughts on this......

It is not all that unusual for a gent to get welcomed by a PM when you join, by at least one lady.

You elected to accept PMs. Therefore, getting a PM saying welcome is not in and of itself, alarming to me.

As to a newbie lady asking you to contact them via email vice PM, not sure what to say. I do not know Miss Summer, she is a brand new member and is not a Verified Provider.

One of two things. She is simply so new that she does not know how to work the board yet and that is the reason she sent you a PM asking you to contact her via email OR She is not what she seems.

IMO, NOT ENOUGH to raise a big red flag for me, but enough to be cautious.

Verified Providers are, well, VERIFIED. It means other members have seen them BCD (behind closed doors). Registered members (yourself included) are NOT vetted in any shape, form or faction. Your reputation here is earned.

You raised a great question and got a great answer (thank you Mr Mod). I hope this helps.

My advice? Read all you can on the local board. Learn the acronyms. Find a newbie friendly lady and write a review. Ask questions along the way (do so in CoEd forum). Relax and have fun.

Our little corner of the hobby world is pretty laid back, happy and safe and has some great moderation, hobbyists and providers.

TW
Well said, TW. Yep, normally in the "questions for mods" subforum, we answer the question and move on. Lots to do around here, not a lack of care or concern. Just busy. Always glad to have members chime in with detailed insights.

ff
Sending someone a PM of welcome and a Provider soliciting Green dot, Western Union or similar funds are two very different things.

Seems another member has posted their experience that they were scammed by this provider when he was solicited for a Western Union.....

Been discussed many times on this board.... when the lady you have never met asks for Green Dot or Western Union type of funds..... RUN don't walk, to the nearest exit.
And RTM the PM where applicable.