Phone assistants-thoughts please guys

What do you guys think of phone assistants? I have another job/life as do most of us and can be quite overwhelmed at times. But my response to hiring an assistant has been less than enthusiastic, even though some men get miffed about my scheduling or how hard it is to reach me. In fact, I book fewer appointments when I have an assistant. Is that because when you guys call an independent you want to talk to her? Or that maybe you like the provider more than the assistant, or the assistant may not be good, or you think its an agency? What are your thoughts?
I am always wary of a third party in the loop.

Possibly a better solution would be use voicemail - and make sure that the outgoing message is current.

Tell the caller EXACTLY what time(s) you will return their call, and offer at least two definite times on your voicemail. Alternately let the caller know exactly when YOU will be able to take their call, if they don't feel comfortable leaving a voice msg.

Then call them PERSONALLY!

For me, this would be preferable to speaking with an assistant.
I've scheduled with an assistant (CSR) and didn't have a problem with it, guess it all depends on the assistant. She should identify herself as such up front. CSR's are used in every business to schedule appointments, yours should not be any different. It does free up your time and mind.
I personally would rather talk to you,however it doesn't bother me to talk to an assistant.
I do automaticly think I am dealing with an agency when an assistant answers the phone.

From reading a few other posts in other threads it seems there are a few of the old guys that wouldn't really consider a true Independant unless you do everything screening,scheduling ETC. yourself.

Some would even push to have your reviews put in the Agency section.

After trying to see you for several months and having communication snafus. I almost gave up on you.
I am extremely happy that I didn't.
You were everything I hoped for.

So if you having an assistant to help make it easier to get in touch then by all means hire 2.

I think most of us would rather talk directly to the provider but in my case, an assistant's not a deal breaker. I think most of us would also rather talk to a female assistant than a male one. I've also known providers to use assistants or services for the first appt. and then giving direct contact info after deciding they wanted me to come back.
i like to put my 2 cents in. noway im saying this will happend between you and your assistant. awhile back i had a problem with a assistant i was in houston and i setup a date with a assisant of a provider. i set up a 3 hour date with her assisant. she told me what the rate was for the 3 hours. so the next day the provider did call to make sure the date was still on. so about 30 mins before the date the provider caall for the hotel and room number she showed up right on time. i had the fee in the open she never counted it. so after the date was over she left. i had a redeye flight to vegas so after the date i took a shower and left. im in the airport my phone rung. it was the provider all pissed off. saying to fee was not right she was 150 short. i told her she assisant to me that rate. so after about 30 mins bring called a liar and many other things. i hung up on her. 5 mins later her assisant call saying she never to me a rate that was was needing to talk to the provider about the rate. make a long story short i had to turn my phone off. so i dont like to deal with a assisant. really i really like emailing into the day we meet then phone call is find. reason why coz i dont was a provider calling me while im with my famliy. i sure the provider feel the same why. i thought i should tell your that story. later guys and girls
Kate, if you had more dates before the assitant then maybe you were right on that it affects your biz. I for one will hangup if a guy answers the phone, if a female answers no problem alot of girl's work in pairs. I noticed you don't have a website, that might help some. Seadog's idea sounds good, if a guy can't wait then he'll have to look elswhere.
Brother.... get a hobby phone or number a phone card with a different number placed behind your battery in your phone is the easiest.
The assistant can be helpful to the provider but you need to be careful. I've had one try to switch me even though the provider wanted to see me. If a provider hires one she needs to make sure she gets the call from her client and no one else.
Having an assistant adds yet 1 more person to the situation of "trust". It puts potential clients at a far greater risk, it puts the provider at a far greater risk. Adding 1 more person to the mix means the client must trust that person and the provider is trusting that person to do the right thing..

I remember back a few years in dallas a girl was using an assistant and anytime she no showed a guy, or generally screwed up she laid blame on the "assistant".

The world can already be stressful enough as it is, guys are expected to trust very personal info with a provider..now with assistants you are asking guys to trust not only a provider but another girl as well with that info.

just feel it opens to many doors to difficulty that is unneeded. Perhaps its just me, i have never found this world of answering emails and phone calls so overwhelming..others do perhaps..

but it would be simple to explain in an ad that "i may not get back to you until "x" time frame" or "feel free to contact me anytime but realize it may take 24hrs to respond" while 24hrs IS WAY TOOOOO LONG.. if someone can't respond to a potential guy wanting to spend his hard earned money on a girl and is to busy to do so.. then perhaps this world isn't for them
Even if everything on your end is 100% on the up and up, an assistant will bother many clients. Many guys will assume a male assistant is your pimp and won't think that much more about a female assistant.

Even if you think everything is OK with your assistant, the assistant adds an extra degree of risk to YOU.

If you do it, be 100% honest. Note in your ads that an assistant will take the calls.
What do you guys think of phone assistants? I have another job/life as do most of us and can be quite overwhelmed at times. But my response to hiring an assistant has been less than enthusiastic, even though some men get miffed about my scheduling or how hard it is to reach me. In fact, I book fewer appointments when I have an assistant. Is that because when you guys call an independent you want to talk to her? Or that maybe you like the provider more than the assistant, or the assistant may not be good, or you think its an agency? What are your thoughts? Originally Posted by katexxx
I can only speak for myself. For me "phone assistant" = I'll probably look for someone else.
RPM, I do have a website www.katespinner.com I am thinking about changing my name, so I havent put that up. A couple of things. The trust thing bothers me, too. Things can get out of control, fast-some gossip can just be too good for some people, or they have their own agenda. I am too paranoid to put a voicemail out there--too easy to have someone find me from my private life. But I can and will get voice mail...and finally I'm glad you came to see me too, Bodilly, and not just because you have such great taste in music!! xoxo
Food for thought-one reason that I really think I need a name change is that eros will not allow me to use the word "spinner" on their site, not in an email, nor in my ad. Huh??? Crazy if you ask me.
Geez did it ever occur to anybodt that some of these girls REALLY dont want to talk to anybody until they KNOW the call is a good one... look at say Amanda or KAI..they would literally be on the phone or computer 24/7...shit they wouldnt have TIME to see anyone lol.. Some girls would like a LIFE and dont care about paying another..other girkls are JUST NOT that busy and some girls let cheap men dictate thier worth. Like i said since this has come out on this board CC's has found 5 wonderful new providers and more and more keep calling.... THEY are reaching a whole different conclusion> BUT THEY will not starve to death in the business either. SMART girls. Kate you must rationalize what means more to you and if its worth your money to pay ANYBODY/but a pimp of course/ if it will give you more alone/living time.... The money always does come but free time is precious. I wish there was such a thing as p/s's when i was working!!
  • MrGiz
  • 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM
As with every other aspect of a girls operation.... if she finds a way to bring organization and consistency to her use of an assistant... I have no problem with the idea.

Contrary to BoDilly's comment.... I don't consider a girl's use of an assistant to automatically label her as an agency girl! That's ridiculous and short-sighted! (not talking about you, BoDilly... just anyone that assumes such)

There are a couple of particularly well-known, super-popular, traveling, "independent" girls who regularly tour New Orleans, that use assistants to monitor email and take calls! Their reputations are both, spectacular!! I look forward to enjoying them both, again and again!!

Giz