Hunting property

I know this has nothing to do with the hobby but, I'm about to move to the Dallas/Fort Worth area soon and I'm not familiar with the area. I would like to find some good areas to hunt Deer and hogs within 2 hours. Can anyone help with suggestions?
  • BLM69
  • 05-31-2021, 01:36 PM
Zillow and realtor are 2 good websites to start looking into
Texas is mostly private land lease hunting. unless you have family.. start looking for a lease in the area you will wish to hunt..
Hoggs are a pestilence you should not have any trouble finding Hogg hunting.
Depends on how much you want to pay for a yearly lease, two hours in any direction you will get good hunting. It will be cheaper going east and more going south or west Texas. I hunt in west Texas and see plenty of hogs and deer in my area.
Simply do an internet search ‘deer leases in Texas’ and you will get a lot of links...Hogs are everywhere so just ask the lessor if he has them and if hunting them is allowed...Most property owners want them hunted badly...My suggestion is to find a place that has good dove hunting also, which starts Sep 1st for a couple of months. Dove season is my favorite in spite of the Texas heat still prevalent at that time of year...Turkey hunting on deer leases may interest you also, and is available in the Spring time, also. Turkey hunting requires true hunting skill sets, for calling them up, setting up decoys, etc.., much like duck hunting only no water needed, just good deer hunting land.
Thanks for all the replys on Hunting leases. I am not looking for a lease. I am looking to purchase. I have hunted my whole life normally in the hill country and South Texas. I am not familiar with North Texas. My Question is about AREAS near the D/FW metroplex. To the far east is piney woods and south west is more arid and rocky. There is river bottom SE of Paris. I was hoping to get some feedback from other hunters.
The answer you seek is Grayson County, TX, due north off the Red River...Sorry, I misread your inquiry.

I cut my teeth as a child hunting in Lampasas County, but that’s 3 hrs away in the Hill Country.
Thank you very much!!
I'm a real estate agent and a hunter as well. If I can help, PM me.
  • Promo
  • 06-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Lipsticks has a lot of hogs
This belongs in the sandbox