Hobby Phone?

Looking to change from my current number to a hobby phone.
Looking for recommendation for service and device.

thanks
Its a hobby phone. I like to purchase my phones from locations I routinely shop from. The minutes are easily purchased and can be easily hidden as a routine place I buy stuff from.

If I were to buy refills from a phone store that could raise suspension, but by shopping at Walmart where I buy laundry detergent, paper towels, and many other daily items it not likely to raise suspicion.
I dunno if you have to be that paranoid about it, unless you're paying with your CC which I would say DON'T DO! Pay with cash. They're cheap enough that you should be able to find some loose bills to buy one.
Go to WalMart and by a TracFone. You can remain totally anonymous. You can refill it by purchasing the cards with cash at multitudes of locations.

It’s a true burner phone. That is, unless you do something stupid like buy it with a credit card or get on line to have it activated.
Ive been using google voice.. seems to be working well..
Hushed - have been using it for almost 6 years. Solidly secure. Canada based VOIP.
Go to WalMart and by a TracFone. You can remain totally anonymous. You can refill it by purchasing the cards with cash at multitudes of locations.

It’s a true burner phone. That is, unless you do something stupid like buy it with a credit card or get on line to have it activated. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Exactly what I have! Works great, especially when you run across the shady character that you occasionally on places like Skip-the-games and Mega-Personals. Leaves them nothing to track you with.
Good info. Thanks.
Google voice worked great for me. Also try an app called “Cover me”

It’s very neat. It’s an app designed to make it look like a regular newsfeed app and you have to do a certain thing to get it to open the text part of the app. Works great for married guys that can’t carry around an extra phone
Google phone app is working well for me. I also used to use "Talkatone" which comes with ads that could sometimes be irritating. With both apps you can send and receive pictures.
Use a fake name. Don't give any real information. Reboost at many locations with cash. Unlimited data for about 40 per month. I never send a pic with this phone so facial programs don't pin it to me. All different email and security numbers that are not related to anything else I have. Don't use the finger print to open use a code. Keep it in a drawer at my office with other old phones.
Google phone app is working well for me. I also used to use "Talkatone" which comes with ads that could sometimes be irritating. With both apps you can send and receive pictures. Originally Posted by chrisstl
No way I'd trust a Google phone app.

Use it from your normal phone with other Google services, they have that Google voice number associated with the IPs and device IDs of the phone used to log in to your RL Google accounts or services. Doesn't even have to be an account, just using Google Maps for example.
$15 burner phones at Walmart. Cash only to pay for the renewal cards
Agree! Google gathers info on people in every manner they can and what they do with that info is questionable at best. Google is known for this, and I use nothing with the Google name attached.
How do you pay for Cover Me subscriptions?