"Differently Abled" Clients

Wondering if any of the providers here can share any insight on clients they have or have had who are differently abled, such as people who might be permanently wheelchair bound for whatever reason, or little people, or people with physical irregularities/have prosthetics etc. How many (percentage wise) of your clients would fall into this category? Do they tend to be one-off clients, or do they become regulars? How comfortable are you dealing with people who are like this? Do you genuinely enjoy meeting these clients? Has it changed your view of human companionship at all, and do you find it personally rewarding to be able to provide these clients with experiences they might not otherwise be able to have? Or any other related issues anyone feels like discussing. I'm genuinely interested in hearing any responses. Thanks.
This thread by the way, was inspired by the amazing movie "The Sessions" (really well acted, deeply moving, hilariously funny, and insightful into the human condition as only the best films are- highly recommended). Based on a true story, it's more from the perspective of a surrogate than a traditional provider, but it still got me thinking a lot about all those differently abled clients...
That was a good movie indeed.
I have multiple regular clients who are wheelchair bound. Quite a few also that have prosthetic legs. I also have a couple who have either colostomy bags or a permanent catheter as well.

Everyone needs a little affection. Everyone.
  • katee
  • 05-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I have one regular with a colostomy bag. I never even notice it, really. He's a wonderful fun man. He, on the other hand is very self conscious of it. Sad, as he's a great man, with so much to offer , but lets it define him, as far as being in a relationship.
One has a prosthetic leg. It was awkward the first time, as far as positions. He too, is a great gentleman. I think the whole process is not letting it phase you. If you can't be graceful and open about it, then probably not going to make him feel comfortable.
We ALL are "differently abled" in some way or another. That's what makes us each unique.
I've never seen a disabled client. One man in a wheelchair wanted to see me a few years ago, but my incall location wasn't wheelchair friendly.
Good responses, any one else got anything to share?
I miss one of my favorites in Vegas.. Wheelchair. I would sit on his lap, him seeing my back, as we stared out the window... Or at least I stared out the window, he probably stared at my ass.
He loved trying new things.
I don't want to say something that he has never said in a review as I don't want to embarrass him.. But we had a lot of fun together.
The ladies often laugh at my. 1.3" of dangling death.
I'm often considered "Differently Abled" because I require providers to serve fried chicken during my sessions.
I've had clients who have come in with walkers, amputees, needed their oxygen tank with them at all times, one who had a leg that was longer than the other etc. Differently-abled in one was or another they are uncommon but not surprising or unwelcomed . Their physically differences bother me none. I've always been open and caring to all kinds of people...character is most important after all.

Wondering if any of the providers here can share any insight on clients they have or have had who are differently abled, such as people who might be permanently wheelchair bound for whatever reason, or little people, or people with physical irregularities/have prosthetics etc. How many (percentage wise) of your clients would fall into this category? Do they tend to be one-off clients, or do they become regulars? How comfortable are you dealing with people who are like this? Do you genuinely enjoy meeting these clients? Has it changed your view of human companionship at all, and do you find it personally rewarding to be able to provide these clients with experiences they might not otherwise be able to have? Or any other related issues anyone feels like discussing. I'm genuinely interested in hearing any responses. Thanks. Originally Posted by LondonSub
I am visually impaired (legally blind). Every provider has been very accommodating with regards to me not being able to see. My heartfelt thanks to all the ladies.

However: I have, at times, asked for a discount based on, shall we say, "Dwarfism". This is a condition where the long bones of the body are less than average in length. I have only one bone with this condition, but never got a discount for lack-of -ength!
I currently do not have any of these clients but I have had one in the past with a prosthetic leg. it made getting up stairs difficult for him and unfortunately he only saw me for a short time as he left the hobby and went in to AA. He was a very nice guy but I always did feel awkward around him. I was afraid to ask what happened to his leg