Good news in a bad economy

A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that look like prayer mats.

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

No mosques at Ground Zero.
You sir are a genius and you need a shirt that proclaims your genius proudly! http://imvotingteaparty.com/
A few truckloads of pig guts on the land should do the trick. We had a mosque proposed in Katy TX. The guy next door was told to stop raising pigs. He immediately started pig races and festivals along with wind driven slaughter house smells going over the proposed sight. For some reason it never was built. Thank God for Rednecks!
Thank God for Rednecks! Originally Posted by 15fordguy
Amen, brother.

Actually I must admit a little partiality toward my Muslim brothers-of-the-book; they got their bigmouthed woman problem well in hand. Taliban always remind me of a couple of my cousins. I get along just fine with 'em as long as they're not trying to kill me. But I am a little suspicious of the Taqiyya crap.

The Ground Zero Mosque, though, is one toke over the line...it ain't no mosque, it's a friggin' Islamic War Memorial, dedicated to the Heroic Nineteen. If it was college football they'd be flagged for taunting.

One thing those bastards have that we are sadly lacking: cultural confidence. A greater percentage of Earth's population are freer and richer today than ever before in history, the United States had a great deal to do with the happy state of affairs...and how does the Shitbird-in-Chief celebrate our contribution? By traveling the world bowing to every tinpot turd he encounters, blaming his own country for anything bad, and apologizing his sorry ass off.

The best thing about Sarah Palin? Her confidence in America! Damn hard to find these days. Cultural confidence would seem to be a logical qualification for any national leader.
Sarah Palin is an insufferable cunt.

The mosque/community center is not being built on ground zero. JFC, more willful ignorance.

Regarding the Katy mosque, the organization offered to buy the land owner out. I don't know exactly when people got butthurt. I am certain as planned communities encroach upon the pig farm the smell will be considered a nuisance... will it be okay if Christians ask for relocation?
RebeccaRothco,

Let’s see, you are either an anti-American, a muslim/terrorist, an illegal immigrant or just a sorry puss Liberal.

Remember, we are One Nation, Under God and not one nation under (insert your fucktard belief here) __________.

This country is close to imploding on its own, and we don’t need any more F'in muslims, communists, liberals, ACLU members, Media, Illegal and non-tax paying SOB's, who get free medical insurance to sped us up in getting there.
Sarah Palin is an insufferable cunt. Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
That's lucid and grounded in fact. Thanks for sharing.

The mosque/community center is not being built on ground zero. JFC, more willful ignorance. Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
Close enough so that it makes no difference and its easy to understand why many are upset by the proposal, unless you're being deliberately obtuse. Broadway and Park Place is two short blocks away (not city blocks), close enough so that the mosque would replace a Burlington Coat Factory that was damaged in the 9/11 attacks. No it's not right exactly over the spot where the twin towers stood, but then again -- NOTHING stands there now.

This is a complicated issue and efforts to paint it as a civil liberty/establishment clause issue are misguided. Nobody has questioned whether or not the group has a "right" to build the mosque there or anywhere else for that matter. The question is whether or not it actually is right to build there. What exactly are their motivations? They claim to want to encourage religious tolerance and build bridges between the Muslim community and the people of lower Manhattan. One would think that a group with those goals would make the peaceful interaction with that community their top priority, and that they would be particularly respectful of the very issues that have created distrust and ill-will in the first place. They haven't been. Instead they've painted those in opposition as jingoists, bigots and racists, alleging that if you don't support the construction, you MUST hate Muslims. Yeah, that's real tolerant...

I think its also fair to ask where this group has gotten the $100M that they will be using for construction of the mosque. They won't divulge their source of financing. But they also won't divulge which groups they consider to be terrorist organizations, so we should be used to their tight-lipped nature by now.

Right or wrong, regardless of where they are getting their money, the thing that has me wondering just what the fuck is going on is the fact that the city council approval and Port Authority approval where so fast in coming for this group and this mosque. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have much of an issue with the construction of this mosque if other groups were getting similar favorable treatment. They are not. The Greek Orthodox church that was destroyed in the attacks - also close to Ground Zero - has been getting the run-around when it comes to getting approval to rebuild their church. Not to mention the colossal fuck-up that is the WTC - 9/11 memorial. Almost ten years since the attacks and all they've managed to do there is clear the debris and clear a pit. No memorial. No museum. No plans. Nothing.

But if a muslim group wants to build a mosque, we'd better bend over backwards to accommodate them or we're intolerant?! Get the fuck outta here. I fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you want to see actual intolerance at play, join the Army and take a "free" trip over there. You'll see daughters sold like livestock, wives proudly raped by their husbands, gays openly and joyously stoned in the streets, and Christians, Jews and atheists treated like dirt and fearing for their lives. You haven't got the first clue what real intolerance looks like because you live in the most tolerant and accepting country in the world.
Attached Images File Type: jpg wtc.jpg (153.7 KB, 364 views)
I think this is just nuts.

The far-left runs Manhattan and they hate capitalism, and American foreign policy, so anything that does the same, they support it.

The Muslim religion, which supports slavery, kills gays, abuses women, and practices stoning is against capitalism, and hates American foreign policy, so it’s natural that they would support building a mosque near ground zero.

It’s and ends justify the means mentality.

Opponents also argue that building the center so close to Ground Zero is an insult to the memory of the victims of 9/11. Which I agree.
Germany has spent decades denouncing Nazi crimes. But it surely has no plans to showcase the tolerant society it has become by building a Nazi cultural center down the road from Auschwitz.
Japan would never finance a Shinto shrine in the vicinity of the Pearl Harbor memorial.

Leave it to American Liberals to okay this hair brain idea.

This $100 million might be better spent building centers of "interfaith activity" in Riyadh, Islamabad and Kuwait City. Guess what those countries would not allow it. Thoes are the countries that need interfaith centers not the US.

Then they have the nerve to talk about tolerance itself? In the case of the famous Muhammad cartoons, "moderate" Muslims typically make the case that while free speech has its place, the sensitivities of the Muslim community should be respected.

But when the sensitivities of 9/11 families were in play, tolerance was thrown out the window.
Sarah Palin is an insufferable cunt. Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
Right back atcha. This isn't about Sarah Palin. Simple minded people claim civil liberties when it has nothing to do with civil liberties. Zoning laws exist all across the US.
When it comes to the Muslim community weakness is a negative trait, so for those who say the Muslims will like us for this gesture are clueless.

Kissing up to these Muslims is a sign of weakness, and the Muslims do not respect that.

Remember another trait of Liberals, is they believe that being nice to the school bully, will get you better treatment.

Manhattan is very Liberal, so I knew they would aprove of somthing like this.
When it comes to the Muslim community weakness is a negative trait, so for those who say the Muslims will like us for this gesture are clueless. Originally Posted by 90c2cab
Very, very true. I spent several months working on direct relations with the village leadership in the area I was fighting in in Afghanistan. The village elders wouldn't have anything to do with you unless you were the biggest male in your group with a full beard. It had to do with a demonstration of strength and power. Beardless, little men weren't viewed as being mature enough to be decision-makers, so any time one of the other guys on my team conducted negotiations things were slow and they would often baldly lied to us. Some elders would just walk away from the meetings. When I did the talking (I'm a big guy who can grow a thick, full beard), they were much more respectful and they usually told the truth. We could also rely on them to follow through on their side of the agreements. They love to barter and negotiate. Getting the better end of a deal, in trade or business or politics, is a huge sign on strength.

Islam is very much a culture of strength and barter. They won't "thank" NYC, the city council or the libtards for letting them build there. They will view it as a victory and one that was easily won. They won't be grateful; they will be disdainful.
The level of thought put into this type of subject matter makes my heart explode with pure fucking joy!
The level of thought put into this type of subject matter makes my heart explode with pure fucking joy! Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
The level of thought in your responses is pretty amazing too.
Every religion has it's faults...we as a race (humans) must purge it because all it has done is separate people. Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasp in prayer. I have yet to see any religion that has not harmed one thing. I have seen many atrocities of man; but none so great that which were fueled by religious zealotry.
Can somebody point me to the links of imans, caliphates or other Muslim leaders apologizing for 9/11, condemning fellow Muslims for their terrorism or renouncing the various groups that have declared Jihad on the US?

Besides President Obama and Rachel Maddow, of course.