Hogs

Who thinks the Hogs could be better than 1-5...I thought they had some hope for a second against Bama but that faded fast
They are definitely improving but had no shot against Bama. Ole Miss may be a different story. Did you go to the game?
No I didn’t but kinda wish I had gone
They are definitely better than the record would indicate. The only games where they wer e non competitive were UNT and Bama. I could easily see this team with 4 more wins ( Miss, Tulsa, Vandy, Missouri) . But they have to clean up the self inflicted wounds.
It’s always fun to go but kinda sucks losing so badly. Half the stadium was empty in the 3rd qtr.
Well, they beat Tulsa. Last win of the year, maybe?
Well, they beat Tulsa. Last win of the year, maybe? Originally Posted by SpankyJ

Tulsa isn't much of a football team, but hey, a win's a win! I'm betting for a win over Vanderbilt this weekend. If we lose... well, I guess Morris will be under very close scrutiny next season.
Vandy will probably be tougher than MO but MO seems to have our number luck wise. Losing out won't affect his position next year if his recruiting keeps up at the pace he's at and we get the Clemson transfer QB for a season to provide some hope while he builds the offense.
Vandy will probably be tougher than MO but MO seems to have our number luck wise. Losing out won't affect his position next year if his recruiting keeps up at the pace he's at and we get the Clemson transfer QB for a season to provide some hope while he builds the offense. Originally Posted by Hogfan69

Good point, Morris does have the disadvantage of working with Bielema's last batch of recruits. A few people have pointed out that recruitment was one of Bielema's weak points; he had almost no recruiting contacts in the SEC or the south, especially Texas, where a lot of Razorback players hail from. Morris has that going for him, given that he was at SMU previously.
Yeah, it's going to take some time to see what Morris really has in store. People who thought he was just going to step in and start winning right off were delusional. It may or may not happen for him, but it sure wasn't going to be the first year at a new school with a different offensive style and someone else's players recruited for a different style. As a hog fan it sure would be nice to not always, inevitably keep saying "maybe next year" though.
Ain’t that the damn truth! I’m so sick of saying maybe next year. As a season ticket holder I have struggled with the decision to keep my tickets the last several years or let them go. Next year’s home schedule has me thinking about it even harder but hard to give up good seats I have had since 2001.
Recruiting is better so the wait til next year is 2 may be true
I think we will beat Vandy this week and win 1 more game this year. I have been a season ticket holder in football and basketball since 1989. Morris won't be hot seat till 2020. We knew we had a rough season going into the season.
He had another pretty major coup recruiting yesterday. Still needs to prove himself by winning though