Gun Range Recommendations

Hi! I'll be visiting the Little Elm/Frisco area November 22-26 and am looking for recommendations on local gun ranges (indoor or outdoor).

I visited Frisco Gun Club last year, and while the facility is awesome, the customer service was very disappointing. Does anyone have any recent info on FGC or suggestions for another facility?

Thank you in advance!
Elm Fork Shooting Sports in Irving
  • Crock
  • 11-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Hi! I'll be visiting the Little Elm/Frisco area November 22-26 and am looking for recommendations on local gun ranges (indoor or outdoor).

I visited Frisco Gun Club last year, and while the facility is awesome, the customer service was very disappointing. Does anyone have any recent info on FGC or suggestions for another facility?

Thank you in advance! Originally Posted by Ava_LaRue
Came to recommend Shoot Smart (N. Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Benbrook locations) before I saw the location. No clue about Little Elm/Frisco. Shoot Smart has great customer service. Very professional. You will NOT run into any tacticool assholes that think they're god's gift to shooting. You'll find staff that will keep things safe, offer to help, but otherwise will leave you alone.

DFW Gun Range on Mockingbird is pretty good, but their customer service is hit or miss. I've run into assholes there a few times. I'm not afraid to make them either act professionally or make them cross the line to where I can file a complaint, but having to deal with that kind of attitude can be discouraging, especially for a new shooter.

In general, it's good to let them know what experience level you have when you're checking in. That gives them a better idea of the level of involvement you're expecting them to have.
Any outdoor range in the Dallas or east dallas? I got a M1 Garand I like to zero in.
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm experienced, having participated in a few ladies competitions, but always open to helpful advice and training tips.

The Shoot Smart locations are a bit out of the way, but would be worth the trip to avoid any self-appointed "experts" and enjoy the comfort level of having a private suite.

Thanks again!
Bullet Trap in Plano is a nice indoor range, unpretentious and reasonable.

Frisco Gun Club is an awesome facility - sorry you had issues with the staff.
I go to Elm Fork Shooting Sports, the one on Luna Road in case there are several locales. Now there's a great deal of ex military and current police officers there but I never find anyone to be annoying. Good luck and have fun!
  • Crock
  • 11-03-2017, 05:29 PM
The Shoot Smart locations are a bit out of the way, but would be worth the trip to avoid any self-appointed "experts" and enjoy the comfort level of having a private suite. Originally Posted by Ava_LaRue
If you want to avoid those guys, it's definitely worth the drive. I doubt there's anywhere else that you can be assured that the range won't tolerate it. Shoot Smart's business model is geared towards women and new shooters, particularly. The two that I've been to are nice ranges, too.

Oh, they often have a Groupon running, too. Great way to get a private suite with unlimited rentals on the cheap!
Any outdoor range in the Dallas or east dallas? I got a M1 Garand I like to zero in. Originally Posted by 0cc@s10n@l
Bit of a drive but way out west is my new fav. 10 bucks any area no limits
https://wayoutwestshooting.com/
Frisco Gun Club off Elderado
Eagle range in Lewisville
Eagle is tops. Very ptofessional. Great customer service. Always a rangemaster around to keep it safe. And, they recently opened a second location on Midway, S of Belt Line, in Farmers Branch.
Bullet Trap was great when it first opened, and until the current owner focused on the Frisco Gun Club. It is still a great place to shoot, but for sales of guns and supplies, the FGC has the priority.
Any outdoor range in the Dallas or east dallas? I got a M1 Garand I like to zero in. Originally Posted by 0cc@s10n@l

Try Gibson Outpost and Shooting Range in Mesquite. They'll let you use iron sights up to 100 yards. If your grouping is within six inches of each other they will let you shoot up to 200 yards. You'll need the M1 C or D if you want to shoot beyond 200.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/gibson-outpost-and-shooting-range-mesquite
Thank you all for the valuable information! Looking forward to a great trip and indulging in my second favorite hobby!