Should Ministers start packing heat? Sad time

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas - At least 27 people have been killed and 30 people have been injured in a mass shooting at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
A witness reported seeing a man walk into First Baptist Church and began shooting around 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
The shooter was killed by police, officials at the scene said.
Some survivors were taken to Brooke Army Medical Center via medical helicopter. Their conditions are not known.
Maybe the minister was the target. We do not know who the primary target was or what motivated the shooter.
Not even seeing WHO the shooter was yet. News just saying that SHOOTER IS DEAD.
I believe those of us who have CCP should always be ready, regardless of where we are. This is probably some deranged asshat but I don't want that to happen anywhere near me. church, shopping mall, gas station or own neighborhood. It does no good for those of us who are law abiding and have taken the training to keep them in a safe or in a drawer or locked in the car. We no longer take people who are threats to society or have shown signs of mental instability off the street and into facilities to helpe them. "IT violates their rights" I have a right and license to carry to protect myself an others who fall into a bad situation and will do so.
Well I guess we'll hold prayer vigils and start gofundme drives and print up T-shirts that read "Sutherland Springs Strong".

Then next month it will happen again.
Just watched the news conference. Pastor was not at the church today. He was in OK. Shooter was engaged by a neighbor to the church. They exchanged fire and the shooter dropped his gun, jumped in a vehicle and fled. He was found dead in his vehicle a few miles away. At this time the authorities say they don't know if he took his own life or the neighbor may have wounded him.

If I were a beating man, I would bet MY PASTOR is toting as are many others in the church, including police officers, sheriff's deputies, state police and civilians.

Wildca
I thought they did
Reports say this is the kind of small town where everyone knows everyone else. I'm curious to know if the perpetrator was a local, perhaps with some kind of grudge, or an outsider with some other motive. Why a small church in a small town? Was there a specific motive, or just a random choice?
  • grean
  • 11-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Sometimes tending to flocks means fighting off the wolves.
And then the next time one of these guys is the shooter. Has happened.

Special place in hell for this guy

Just watched the news conference. Pastor was not at the church today. He was in OK. Shooter was engaged by a neighbor to the church. They exchanged fire and the shooter dropped his gun, jumped in a vehicle and fled. He was found dead in his vehicle a few miles away. At this time the authorities say they don't know if he took his own life or the neighbor may have wounded him.

If I were a beating man, I would bet MY PASTOR is toting as are many others in the church, including police officers, sheriff's deputies, state police and civilians.

Wildca Originally Posted by wildcat

Yes ministers should start packing heat, along with every other able bodied sane citizen.

Or else they are just like sheep to the slaughter :-(

• grean
  • 11-06-2017, 08:27 AM

Yes ministers should start packing heat, along with every other able bodied sane citizen.

Or else they are just like sheep to the slaughter :-(

Originally Posted by milfy2002
It is getting more difficult to argue that it's not necessary to arm yourself, that's for sure.

No one can say for certain they won't be in a goddam Walmart when some mother fucker snaps.
I feel terrible about want happen , and for the families . The point the news and libertarts will not make is A neighbor shot at ( maybe shot) the bad guy and he dropped his gun and ran, and was chased by citizens.
It is getting more difficult to argue that it's not necessary to arm yourself, that's for sure.

No one can say for certain they won't be in a goddam Walmart when some mother fucker snaps. Originally Posted by grean

Exactly. Never go to church unarmed, never go to the movies unarmed, never run the trails unarmed.

If it's not illegal to carry where you're going, don't go unarmed!

He should have been on some type of watch list,especially after posting that gun

Even though it won't bring back their loved ones,I hope the families sue the shit out of the Air Force
http://time.com/5012709/devin-patric...stic-violence/