North Korean defector compares Ivy League campuses to living under Kim regime

7:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTdb1RsreU

Yeonmi Park is a cute woman.

that speech circuit seems like a good idea to every campus sounds interesting.
Tyranny, Slavery and Columbia U | Yeonmi Park | The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast - S4: E26

2:11:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yqa-SdJtT4
What’s your personal experience with Ivy League campuses, DF?

I am not sure what impelled you to post this, but I did one have Chinese food in Princeton and it was OK.

The Korean food is better at UT.
YR
I have you on ignore, so can't read your comments. so whatever you wrote is meaningless.
YR
I have you on ignore, so can't read your comments. so whatever you wrote is meaningless. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I've always thought, putting another poster on ignore, is the most cowardly thing you can do, on an internet forum.
I've always thought, putting another poster on ignore, is the most cowardly thing you can do, on an internet forum. Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
No, just the opposite.
What’s your personal experience with Ivy League campuses, DF?

I am not sure what impelled you to post this, but I did one have Chinese food in Princeton and it was OK.

The Korean food is better at UT. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
YR
I have you on ignore, so can't read your comments. so whatever you wrote is meaningless. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
your Welcome Sir
and I gave like to first 2 posts, ops and your 3rd post
No, just the opposite. Originally Posted by bambino
So...putting you on ignore, would demonstrate that I'm brave?

7:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTdb1RsreU

Yeonmi Park is a cute woman.

that speech circuit seems like a good idea to every campus sounds interesting. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
She's a defector from North Korea and her last name is Park, whatever.
I've always thought, putting another poster on ignore, is the most cowardly thing you can do, on an internet forum. Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

I also have him on ignore because just like in real life, I don't engage people I have no interest in talking to or hearing from. I don't see anything cowardly about it, seems like perfectly good common sense to me unless you think it "necessary" to suffer fools and for what purpose pray tell?

But I'm always up for being educated. Please explain how ignoring somebody you have no interest in hearing from is cowardly?

And how exactly is an internet forum "different" that it merits a different consideration? An internet forum is as anonymous as it can get unlike snubbing somebody in person which come to think of it, wouldn't be cowardly either.

Now, after engaging in debate, one refuses to answer a question asked, that is a cowardly act in my book and I've seen a number of cowardly acts on this internet board.

I heard this young woman interviewed and she made perfect sense comparing what is going on in our culture right now from cancel culture and trying to separate people by color instead of class as she explains happens in North Korea. We are moving away from MLK's teaching at an exponential rate that I'm not sure our country will survive and turn us into a North Korea with a Marxist philosophy of our so called "intellectual elitist".
I also have him on ignore because just like in real life, I don't engage people I have no interest in talking to or hearing from. I don't see anything cowardly about it, seems like perfectly good common sense to me unless you think it "necessary" to suffer fools and for what purpose pray tell?

But I'm always up for being educated. Please explain how ignoring somebody you have no interest in hearing from is cowardly?

And how exactly is an internet forum "different" that it merits a different consideration? An internet forum is as anonymous as it can get unlike snubbing somebody in person which come to think of it, wouldn't be cowardly either. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I've always found that, even the most irritating people, sometimes post something that enlightens me.

Putting someone on ignore hides all of their posts.

It seems to me, I'm probably going to miss something, that I might find useful or interesting.

I've never run across anyone, on any forum, or in real life, who never says anything useful or interesting.

I feel that I'm willing to brush off someone's boring, or aggravating, posts, to find that one nugget out of many, that helps me.

That's why I'll never put anyone on ignore. Even Ripmany! LOL!