where in KC are the best beligum waffles?

please don't suggest IHOP or waffle house or dennys

cheesecake?
First watch?

thanks, guys/gals

Kate's Kitchen
8002 North Oak
Not exactly listed on menu so ask.
Fully loaded and they will serve it any way you can dream.
Open weekdays @ 630am, weekends @ 700am
Kickass coffee as well.

Also, the rebuilt First Watch in North Kansas City has just reopened.
Kate's Kitchen
8002 North Oak
Not exactly listed on menu so ask.
Fully loaded and they will serve it any way you can dream.
Open weekdays @ 630am, weekends @ 700am
Kickass coffee as well.

Also, the rebuilt First Watch in North Kansas City has just reopened. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
I'm very much a regular at a 1st watch in St louis, that just underwent remodeling and 1st watch off highway 40, OMG the waitresses there make me happy... espiecally Brooke

Do you think 1st watch is better than Kate's Kitchen?
thanks

oh, I just looked at the Menu,.I see the king waffles....when I was a kid, I used to use eggos instead of bread and make the best Peanut butter sandwhiches...
I'm goinng to try Kates, ASAP
thanks again
http://www.kateskitchenkc.com/menu/k...tchen-menu.pdf
It really depends on where I am in early am.
Frequently Kates as they have better prices than FW. The Benedicts are a dollar less (yes they will modify the "King" to a Belgian, or anything).
However, Roxannes in either Parkville or Platte City also (the gals in Parkville sass/tease me mercilessly if I walk in at opening, and this morn they wanted to know where I've been last several days).
First Watch is good and Westport gets a bit of business. Usually only hit FW @ NKC if I'm looking for breakfast at a wierd time of day. I prob need to get into NKC just to see the new buildout.
Roxannes Platte Cty. If airport stuff going on, or if using Hwy 29 to/from northern Midwest, nice to start or finish there.
It really depends on where I am in early am.
Frequently Kates as they have better prices than FW. The Benedicts are a dollar less (yes they will modify the "King" to a Belgian, or anything).
However, Roxannes in either Parkville or Platte City also (the gals in Parkville sass/tease me mercilessly if I walk in at opening, and this morn they wanted to know where I've been last several days).
First Watch is good and Westport gets a bit of business. Usually only hit FW @ NKC if I'm looking for breakfast at a wierd time of day. I prob need to get into NKC just to see the new buildout.
Roxannes Platte Cty. If airport stuff going on, or if using Hwy 29 to/from northern Midwest, nice to start or finish there. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
give me an idea of costs?
we blow about $25-$30 when he hit FW at Independance/westport seems like kate is a bit cheaper.
any recommendations for what to get a kates?
i'd get a B.waffle, but she gets tons of spinach and other greens, which is highly odd for breakfast
I'm a steak & eggs guy, so wrong guy to ask about that. But they have a salad selection and some "fitness" selections and a vegie omelet. I've had the Salmon salad and the Santa Fe.
I'm a steak & eggs guy, so wrong guy to ask about that. But they have a salad selection and some "fitness" selections and a vegie omelet. I've had the Salmon salad and the Santa Fe. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
thanks, we are going to try it no matter what

have you ever had the french toast at Kate's?
The FT at FW is always soggy, limp
from the Floridian French toast to just plain french toast

Now, I'd prefer eating at IHOP, but I'm the kinda guy who likes places that give me what I want, unlike HER who likes, "YUPpie places"
Niecies has a groupon. Maybe her greens and your b.waffle desires can be satisfied with brunch.
Niecies has a groupon. Maybe her greens and your b.waffle desires can be satisfied with brunch. Originally Posted by algrace
looks promising
and it opens at 530am! sweet
I am thinking you should try Waffle House at 3-5 AM
I am thinking you should try Waffle House at 3-5 AM Originally Posted by RandB fan
used too,the one off Prairie View Rd but that's not her liking
Big Biscuit is the clear winner