Hot Stone Massage?

I am thinking about adding Hot Stone Massage to my line of services. So my question is How many of you gentleman here would be interested in Hot Stone massages? of course the finish would still leave you happy.
I've had it. Wasn't impressed. I just laid there with hot rocks on my back. Did nothing for me. It just meant less massage time. IMO...it was probably invented by someone who was just trying to do something different for marketing purposes.
I had the exact opposite experience as The Dude. I enjoyed a number of wonderful hot stone session with a former member here. She was obviously trained and knew exactly how to use them as extensions of her hands, not just laying on my back. Really got deep into the muscle and they were some of the few body rubs I got where I left with my back feeling as good as my lower regions. So I guess it depends on the therapist, but in the right hands, I would gladly take the hot stone option every time.
I enjoy hot stone. Also, in winter months, when my hands are cold, it is a great way to warm them before I swap places and give a lady a massage. Just place the warm stones in my hands for a few minutes.
I am thinking about adding Hot Stone Massage to my line of services. So my question is How many of you gentleman here would be interested in Hot Stone massages? of course the finish would still leave you happy. Originally Posted by Sherri
Have you ever thought of adding a FULL Pamper session w/happy ending? (Massage, Facial, Manicure, Pedicure, BBBJTC)
If so, count me in. ----- also if any provider offers this along with their regular session, PM me. I think i am long over due to be PAMPERED.

CG
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Hot stones... I learned a while back that what they teach you in school ISN'T the best way to use them.

Move them around.. and use them IN the massage.. not just to lay ontop of the right spots.. although I can name a couple spots where it is OH so riiiiiiight!

If you do add them in, get creative.
Hot stones... I learned a while back that what they teach you in school ISN'T the best way to use them.

Move them around.. and use them IN the massage.. not just to lay ontop of the right spots.. although I can name a couple spots where it is OH so riiiiiiight!

If you do add them in, get creative. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
Where are those spots??? We need answers!!!
I would agree with Ze about move the stones around.

But then, I can think of a lot of things to agree with Ze on. Like me on Ze.
IMO...it was probably invented by someone who was just trying to do something different for marketing purposes. Originally Posted by Dude Abides
You mean like NURU?

I second Ze's comments about movement and also use during the massage although if properly applied to trigger points the direct heat can be nice.

I've had them many times and like ear candling, the fad seems to have moved on to the newest thing. (NURU)
I had massages w/ hot stone and they felt great. However, she put the rock on my back while she work on other part of my body (not jr). She put the rock on top of the towel, not on the skin directly (it's really hot)
If you do it like Loving Kayla, you bet.
Had it done twice. Nada. Nothing. Zip. Felt like an idiot laying there with rocks on me. Like The Dude says, could've better spent the time getting an actual massage.

Whatever works for you, though.
I've had it. Wasn't impressed. I just laid there with hot rocks on my back. Did nothing for me. It just meant less massage time. IMO...it was probably invented by someone who was just trying to do something different for marketing purposes. Originally Posted by Dude Abides
You have had the unfortunate experience of someone that did not know what they were doing. The placement of stones on your body is by the very definition NOT hot stone MASSAGE. I don't know what I did before I had stones. Especially in the winter, they can warm you down to your core. They are usually a 30 dollar addition to most therapist but they actually can make your job easier so why charge for something like that.

If you can get someone that knows what they are doing, it's an amazing experience. Don't judge the whole by one bad experience. That would be a regrettable loss for you. Try having them used in the massage as part of the work and then come back and make your judgment call. I'm willing to bet you a session you love it.
Massage therapists who do hot stone treatments likely charge extra because it is extremely time consuming to clean, sanitize, and re-heat the stones for the next client. The stones and heating equipment are expensive, too.

It's not really easier on the therapist, either. The stones still have to be moved and pressure applied to achieve a therapeutic effect. Otherwise they're just organic heating pads and you get the results Dude mentioned.
Ive had it too and didn't really care for it, I prefer a traditional massage much better, the best massage I've ever had tho I must say was a 4hand massage by two hotties on a cruise, no happy ending tho : (