burner phone with good internet

Hi guys,

I know the topic of burner/hobby phones is occasionally discussed and one of the suggestions is to get a tracphone at walmart, for example. Most of those plans have very little internet or bad coverage, though. So, any recommendations are welcome.

What many of us would like (at least me):
1) Buying and activating something without providing any id.
2) Works pretty much like a regular phone. I can send and receive text messages, pictures, etc. Make calls. Use apps.
3) Also has internet, and good amount of data for browsing eccie, p411, etc. And also for some other hobby related accounts and apps (instagram, snapchat, tinder, seeking arrangement, etc). Say at least 2-3 gigs a month.
4) I can buy a prepaid credit card, like serve by american express for example. Using cash. You can put at most 500 on such a card. But no need to give any personally identifiable info. I then could link this card to the new phone so that it is reloaded (or monthly charges paid) automatically. I am hoping that 500 should last at least about a year or so. So I am willing to pay about 40-50 a month.
5) I do have an old iphone and a hobby apple account that I have been using. So having a new sim card with a new number would be ideal (not a new phone).

What are some good options? Once again, I know this is discussed occasionally and I have used the search function and read some of the threads. But offerings and options change quite often, and I would love to hear what some of the members are currently using. Especially if anybody has a setup similar to what I have described above.

Thank you guys.
I think TracFone may fit what you are looking for. I recently checked because I was thinking of switching from my basic flip-phone to an extra smart phone that I still have. Looks like they will sell you a sim card pretty cheap. You buy minutes refill cards at many stores including Wal-Mart. I'd suggest you check their web site to see if it fits what you're looking for.

**Edit: I don't know if you need to give up RW info to purchase a sim card. I didn't get that far. I do know that when you register with them they ask for a lot of info, but it is optional and you can leave most of it blank.
Why worry about a burner phone having better internet capabilities when you have a better phone & service for that? Use the burner phone for after your researching is complete and nothing else.
Cricket wireless offers pretty good service starting at like 35 a month...

I didn't have to show ID when I got my hobby phone..
Why worry about a burner phone having better internet capabilities when you have a better phone & service for that? Use the burner phone for after your researching is complete and nothing else. Originally Posted by ManSlut
Good point. The thing is, some others occasionally use my better phone, and I don't want to have to delete apps and or clear internet history, etc., every time I do some hobby research. I know, I am lazy.
Cricket wireless offers pretty good service starting at like 35 a month...

I didn't have to show ID when I got my hobby phone.. Originally Posted by Analeese
Thanks. Good to know. Did you have to fill out a paper form with a name, address, etc? Without showing id?
Thanks. Good to know. Did you have to fill out a paper form with a name, address, etc? Without showing id? Originally Posted by zzzyyy
I didn't fill out anything...I gave them a random name and random address...

I just told them I didn't have any ID..and then I just told them the info verbally...

Right now I pay less than 65 a month and never run out of internet before the next month...and I hardly ever connect to wifi...
I didn't fill out anything...I gave them a random name and random address...

I just told them I didn't have any ID..and then I just told them the info verbally...

Right now I pay less than 65 a month and never run out of internet before the next month...and I hardly ever connect to wifi... Originally Posted by Analeese
Thanks baby girl.
Thanks baby girl. Originally Posted by zzzyyy
No problem love...hope the info helps you make a decision..

Also you may be able to bring your iPhone that you already have to cricket...so that's another option..
Or you could go into a verizon store, get a prepay phone and give false info without providing any documentation and pay for everything in cash. $40 month 2gb plan
Virgin Mobile.. you can do everything online and enter whatever name you like.
Or you could go into a verizon store, get a prepay phone and give false info without providing any documentation and pay for everything in cash. $40 month 2gb plan Originally Posted by mrredcat43
Thanks. I may try that.
Virgin Mobile.. you can do everything online and enter whatever name you like. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Thanks. Doing everything online sounds great. Don't you have to give them your address, though? So they can ship the SIM card? How do you get around that?