Has anyone been successful quitting hobbying?

Has anyone been successful quitting hobbying?

I'm trying to quit cold turkey but I'm having trouble.

Any suggestions or tips?
Guest your account . . . . thats a start.
I quit for about 10 years, but found myself back eventually.

Mojo is right, guest your account, cancel the data plan on your phone, throw away your hobby phone, get a "net nanny" filter on you computer, and lower the withdrawal limit on your atm card.
  • Dad
  • 01-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Almost like an alcoholic asking barflies in a bar how to quit cold turkey!
I have never actually wanted to completely quit, but I have taken time off for like 18 months each time.

If you're still relatively new to the life, it can be hard because you get a case of addiction that is hard to kick. However, once you get a few years under your belt and can fully understand all the in's and out's (LOL no pun intended) of what we do here day in and day out, you can get a case of burnout and it's easier to step back and take a break.

I get bored after a period of time and say fuck it. Then I just step into the shadows and walk in a different direction. It's easy to do at that point; you just have to have the right mindset.

Good luck.
  • Dad
  • 01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
just some advice I got from a nasty SOB,

"Schedule a session with Skanck Bitch Whose Pussy Stincks And Whose Drawers Smell Like Cat Piss"

it is almost like a cure. So easy a caveman could do it.
That does not even do it for me. It's like a challenge to turn the tables back to a good experience.

The only thing that has done it for me was a health care. Got back into the saddle after the tests all came back okay. Actually this is even more dangerous because after the tests come back okay then you feel even more invincible.
If you're still relatively new to the life, it can be hard because you get a case of addiction that is hard to kick. However, once you get a few years under your belt and can fully understand all the in's and out's (LOL no pun intended) of what we do here day in and day out, you can get a case of burnout and it's easier to step back and take a break. Originally Posted by john353
EXACTLY!

I've been on hiatus for almost two years, but not retired. There is absolutely no way I can guarantee anybody (including myself) that I won't get back into the hobby. Until I can guarantee this, I'm on hiatus, but not retired.
Thats gross, but you have a point.

Calling a TGTBT gal, and up- sold, rushed, and whatever else would snap anybody back into reality.

Or he could read the alert section on the board, thats enough to scare the snot out of somebody.

"Schedule a session with Skanck Bitch Whose Pussy Stincks And Whose Drawers Smell Like Cat Piss"

it is almost like a cure. So easy a caveman could do it. Originally Posted by notanewbie
I couldn't quit smoking even with a patch... And since there is no such "hobby" patch available at this time, I don't see myself quiting any time soon...

it is almost like a cure. So easy a caveman could do it. Originally Posted by notanewbie

that is SO WRONG...... yet oddly enough so right!

Where's the eye-bleach when I need it?!?

JaD
The only sure way to quit, is to die.

Until then, you are just taking a break.
Has anyone been successful quitting hobbying? Originally Posted by kp2547
Several times.
I take breaks. But then the thought of a nice, sweet, young asian chick at a good AMP just brings me back.