Burner phone advice

Well. I guess I got to the point where I have to get a burner phone to make sure I don't get caught. lol

Any advice on where to get one?

I appreciate your help and time.
this has been discussed many times in here. do a search on "hobby phone" or "burner phone" and something will pop up.

short story - cheap phone w/ pay minutes as you go plan [like TracFone or similar]
or phone app for your smartphone [like google voice or similar].

also, remember to figure in your risk tolerance of credit card trail, calls/text showing up on your phone bill, hobby phone/app being discovered, etc.

good luck.
Thank you. I appreciate the information
You can buy them everywhere. Walmart, Best Buy, etc. When you activate it don't use your name. Activate online from a source not connected to your laptop, computer, tablet.

Find a zip code for a city far away from where you when the system assigns you a telephone number. If it asks for an address, use an address that belongs to a restaurant or business somewhere.
I honestly have an app installed called text now that gives me an alternate number on the phone I already have. It won't pop up if you're signed out and I already lose track of one phone, heaven forbid I lose 2 lol. Besides, getting caught with multiple phones is pretty incriminating. Just my 2 cents...
^^^ Piper being incriminating can't be good.
I honestly have an app installed called text now that gives me an alternate number on the phone I already have. It won't pop up if you're signed out and I already lose track of one phone, heaven forbid I lose 2 lol. Besides, getting caught with multiple phones is pretty incriminating. Just my 2 cents... Originally Posted by Naughty_Piper
That was my question. Where do you hide the damn thing and charge it so you don't get caught? Your car, office, garage, secret hiding place in the house?
  • BLM69
  • 09-13-2016, 01:16 AM
That was my question. Where do you hide the damn thing and charge it so you don't get caught? Your car, office, garage, secret hiding place in the house? Originally Posted by Tapper69
If you're married you can hide it between your legs
LMAO !!! That's for sure
On a related note. It makes a difference on what kind of phone. I have had 2 tracfones. The last one is a Alcatel (sp?). The reception is lousy. After doing some reading, the style of tracfone you get is important. I have been close to an appt with this POS and no reception. First model was great. I am going to get a third when this one runs out, but will be particular as to what model I buy.
Trac phone $5 -20 no credit card easy registration that doesnt tie back to tou