Turned off by phone conversation

Have you ever decided not to visit a provider based on a phone call? Every now and then I'll call and they just don't seem to be in to it, or in a bad mood. When that happens I assume they won't be very fun in person, and decide not to make an appointment. I'm hesitant to see anyone I don't know without talking to them first. Some providers only want to communicate via text of PM.
I require a brief telephone chat before meeting any new friend. Why?

For the exact reason you've mentioned. One can glean a lot of insight by hearing a voice, at least sometimes. I feel it's the icing on the cake, in terms of screening.

It's rarely happened, but it has happened, that I've decided my potential new guy and I wouldn't be a good match by that phone call.

I would think my philosophy could certainly work the other way around.

Good topic.
Elisabeth
I require a brief telephone chat before meeting any new friend. Why?

For the exact reason you've mentioned. One can glean a lot of insight by hearing a voice, at least sometimes. I feel it's the icing on the cake, in terms of screening.

It's rarely happened, but it has happened, that I've decided my potential new guy and I wouldn't be a good match by that phone call.

I would think my philosophy could certainly work the other way around.

Good topic.
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
That's a good policy.
Have you ever decided not to visit a provider based on a phone call? Every now and then I'll call and they just don't seem to be in to it, or in a bad mood. When that happens I assume they won't be very fun in person, and decide not to make an appointment. I'm hesitant to see anyone I don't know without talking to them first. Some providers only want to communicate via text of PM. Originally Posted by Biff Biffington
Not only that, but there persona on the board and a few other signs as well. If there is ANY indication that a provider would not be a fun person to see, why risk your money?

Like you and Elizabeth, I also require a phone call with a provider, be it short and sweet or a long conversation, before I see her. Not that you can tell for sure cuz some can hide it well, but if she is a text only provider, then you do not know if she is having a bad day or that could be a sign that you may not be texting with the actual provider you are going to see for the session.
Attitude makes up much of the connection that some of us enjoy. If the attitude is poor, or the effort, I find it best to pass. I also believe the lady gets that opportunity to determine if they like my attitude. As Elisabeth says, I would prefer they cancel if they are not into it, rather than muscle through.
I agree papi.. Everything starts with conversation and communication. I do not always make it a requirement though I am very appreciative of a man when he personally calls me ..when he is in the mood to lift up my skirt

I am a lover more than anything, so to me fourplay begins from the very start, from your voice.
True fact.. you can get my panties wet just by the tone of your voice.. just imagine what can happen BSD. A lot of my most memorable meetings all started from the right words at the right time.
... I am a lover more than anything, so to me fourplay begins from the very start, from your voice.
True fact.. you can get my panties wet just by the tone of your voice.. just imagine what can happen BSD. ... Originally Posted by melannie_star
so, a freudian slip, predictive text, or fat finger typing [this is a generic phrase, not a comment on your fingers, melannie].

fourplay - is that a band that spun off from coldplay?

BSD - i didnt know you were a Unix geek?
(BSD = Berkeley Software Distribution - history at http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/open...k/kirkmck.html - see "Early Distributions" section.
i'm geekily guilty as charged ]
The phone call might depend on if the OP was attempting to have phone sex or just a quick confirmation call. Too many fucktards do not know how to end a call.
Have you ever decided not to visit a provider based on a phone call? ... Originally Posted by Biff Biffington
Oh my, yes. Once, a little Dallas star that I'd never seen came up my way and I called the minute I saw her ad. After five rings, she answered and literally SCREAMED in the phone, "YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT!"

I decided she was right.
I concur. I don't require a phone call before confirming a date, but it's super helpful and I check-in if my soon to be companion has a desire to chat beforehand.

One can glean a lot of insight by hearing a voice, at least sometimes. I feel it's the icing on the cake, in terms of screening. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
  • L.A.
  • 09-13-2016, 08:13 PM
Phone calls, PMs, replies to posts, it all makes a huge difference. First impressions mean a lot!
I received a PM to an ISO I posted a while back and it wasn't the typical "available" that means nothing.
It was an awesome PM that made me notice somebody I had not noticed before and I had an appointment with her the same day.
I rarely make phone calls but rely mainly on texts and PMs. And like a phone call if the PM or text don't go well it's a huge turn off.

I saw somebody a long time ago and I wanted a certain type of session and she was foreplay texting me on the way over and it was the biggest turn on ever. Stuff like that means everything.
The phone call might depend on if the OP was attempting to have phone sex or just a quick confirmation call. Too many fucktards do not know how to end a call. Originally Posted by pyramider
When she answered I said hey lets fuck! That's OK right?
You are supposed to send dic pics first.
I prefer advance notice of an expected phone call.
I generally have to plan for the call because I have to step away to be discreet. I ask for a time convenient to us both so I can step away and be free from noise and Life.

God forbid someone call while I am with family at a Soccer Game, the Salon or Gymnastics with a bunch of nosey MILF's. No one wants to hear kids in the background. I sound like Kathleen Turner when I have been woken up or I am sick and that's so not attractive!
I have a normal busy life outside of the Hobby and appreciate the respect that Men expect as well when calling, especially if you are wanting to hear my sexy energetic voice to see if we vibe

Just yesterday morning, I had an unexpected phone call from a potential client, as I was walking out the door to head to my Incall. My hands were full as I was in 5 inch heels, panting down the stairs. But I listened.
Not only was it rude of him to ask me 21 questions, after I requested several times for him to email me, the things he continuously inquired about were inappropriate over the phone. So my tone of voice changed and I cut him off, asked him to email me and hung up.
Never got that email so I am gonna call total bullshit and a time-waster. Pretty sure he was sitting there with his dick in his hand wankin' it

So, yes, I will take a phone call as long as it's discussed via text or email beforehand so I can be prepared and distraction free.
Berk gets me worked up on the phone...dammit.