For Providers: Do you perfer a gift or a tip or does it matter?

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread about it. Many providers have gifts listed when they have websites. If i wanted to give a gift with today's economy would a a tip be better I personally like to give a gift the first time I meet a provider but I'm wondering which you would perfer or does it make a difference.
Doesn't matter which it is, to me. I just get excited that someone thought to bring me a little something extra. Some of you gents can be so sweet! I'm sure each lady is different, though.
That is very sweet! Gifts are always great and appreciated as are tips. I would guess that if she does have gifts listed go with that. It will be well received that you took the time to read what she likes.
I never expect a gift or tip, but either is a nice gesture.
Even though I never ask for anything, I have received many small gifts and I am extremely appreciative! I think to myself.... Wow, somebody really cares about me to bring something that will make my day! Tips are great, but they go directly to my pimp........damn college tuition! LOL! I have received flowers, books, and even steaks (love ya, tsrv)! It's like Christmas morning!

But as long as you're happy, I'm happy! Gifts can't buy happiness!
Gifts and Tips are nice. I love flowers, even the cheap ones from walmart or the gas station. Its very sweet and makes us feel appreciated, that you took an extra ten minutes to purchase a gift. Makes us ladies smile and blush.

Thanks to gents who do that. :-)
I think most would prefer
I love either, although I never expect them. Flowers, plants, gift cards to restaurants, a bottle of wine to share and I will never forget my Pickled Okra!!!! Tips are great in case cash is needed, but since you gentlemen can't really know that, go with want you want to do..either way, it means a lot! Most importantly, bring yourself and be prepared to enjoy.
I have a veggie garden and have been known to give fresh Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Okra, Yellow Squash, Sweet Peppers and Cucumbers as a tip.
2 dozen roses and watch her smile.
Do you think this would go very far?
I love and appreciate ANY gift or tip the gentleman (or lady) gives me. As has been said above, it's definitely a very sweet thing to do. Very thoughtful.

MarieLynn
A sweet little card from cvs, with a note inside and some extra cash. Got me a very sweet phonecall from a very sweet lady afterwards.
Damn! Pickled okra? I knew I forgot something Saturday. . .
Damn! Pickled okra? I knew I forgot something Saturday. . . Originally Posted by rylstone
Pickled Okra.....the way to a country girls heart!

Rylstone, I didn't even notice the missing Okra