Name change question?

I'm thinking about changing my name to one that's more sexier and easier for guys to get use to saying.

What are the drawback (if any) and how would members find me under my new name? I would like my history to follow.

I'm doing a profile makeover/upgrade for marketing purposes which will include a name change, better website and better picture's

I provide a good service but I'm not where I think I could be is the reason for the change and plus I received some good advice from one of the providers here that got me to thinking that this may be a good idea.

What do you ladies and gents think?
How bout this:
Instead of changing your handle, try putting in your ads, your showcase, your sig line, etc, a name that you want the guys to call you, for instance,

Hi guys, I'm Sienna, and I want to be your trophy girl.

Then, if it all works out eventually everybody will know you by that name and if you wanna change your handle then, you can
the artist formerly known as trophie girl, it worked for Prince
  • T-Can
  • 08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
There is nothing sexier than being called Angel Tits! If I was a hardcore provider, that's what I would call myself instead of my SW name of Uncle Flo! Better marketing! Angel Tits - come play with these babies from heaven! Uncle Flo - guess who I'm married to? See what I mean!

Good luck with the name change. Smart choice because I saw another trophie girl on here.
Thanks for sharing gents.
just make it your alter ego
Trophie girl is just an adjective qualificative, a description of what you are and not really a name ... you should find a name for marketing purposes, but never forget that you have made a name out of trophie girl, you invested on that name and you are not running away from it, to the contrary, you want to keep it ...

You could for example do:

Gabrielle, your trophie girl ... that by the way should spell trophy

just my .02 marketing cents ... hope it helps
  • Aflac
  • 08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I would add that the fact that you are openly talking about it also helps proactively address one potential negative associated with names changes which is that people might think you are running away from some bad publicity or history - which you are not.

Like crossroads and hardwired say - you've already invested time/effort and built some rep with Trophie Girl - consider that before you move completely away from it.

And, for what it's worth, distancing from names that are crude might be beneficial. For me, something like Katherine Karrera is always more appealing than Suzy Suxnswallows.
  • S-Man
  • 08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Once you change it, mention you were formerly known as Trophie Girl in your showcase & any P411/Date Check profiles you may also have.

For a much less shorter period, change your tag from "Verified Provider" to "f.k.a. Trophie Girl"
If I'm not mistaken, an admin can do a handle change for you if you ask nicely and explain why you'd like the change. Then your posting history won't disappear, but you get a shiny new name! Ta da.

Since you're not trying to hide your old name/history, I like the idea of using "Your Trophie Girl" or "Formerly Known as Trophie Girl" in your sig or above your avatar. It helps people associate your new handle with your previous one, and "Your Trophie Girl" is indeed a pretty catchy tag line. I do like the regular spelling "Trophy" more, though.
I do like the regular spelling "Trophy" more, though. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
Yeah, Carrie, you would. And that's partly why you're so damn sexy.
Leave you handle alone and start using the name you want in the body of you ads and posts, works for lots of gals...Spikebaby, etc.
  • TBONE
  • 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM
[quote=Carrie Hillcrest;477686]If I'm not mistaken, an admin can do a handle change for you if you ask nicely and explain why you'd like the change. Then your posting history won't disappear, but you get a shiny new name! Ta da.

No problem!

T
Leave you handle alone and start using the name you want in the body of you ads and posts, works for lots of gals...Spikebaby, etc. Originally Posted by LuckJack
I agree
Trophie Girl is unique and easy to remember.

Heathers, Jades, Cindys, etc. etc. all blend together for me. I thought your selection was clever, and there is no other that I know of. I agree with Carrie, that Trophy is a better way to spell it - more familiar. Maybe you could place your energy into different photos? Changing photos sometimes confirms that you don't have a 'canned presentation' and it's as simple as changing your avatar photo once in a while.