Short Notice Guys

I feel like as of latley I'm getting A LOT of calls from clients wanting last minute appointments

Exmaple Client: Hi, are you available?
Me: Yes, do you have references? What time are you looking for?
Exmaple Client: I am looking for right now. Whats-her-name (xxx-xxx-xxxx) and You-know-who (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Me: Okay, I will contact those ladies ASAP and let you know when you're good to go.
Exmaple Client: Well I only have an hour for lunch, I promise I'm a good guy, no drama here. Please?
Me: I wish I could, but I have to check references beforehand, it's required and says so in my ads. I apologize and I will do the best I can to get in contact with those ladies as soon as possible.
Exmaple Client: Nevermind, some other time.

GRRRRRR!!!!

I'd love to be able to see clients on short notice, however none of them seem too happy, in fact some get downright pissy when I tell them I need to check their references and that may take 5 minutes or 5 hours.

So if you're a short notice kind of guy, which is totally cool, may I suggest that you contact some of the providers you'd like to see ahead of time and get PRE-Screened. That way when you find that you have an extra time between lunch and meetings on a random Tuesday, then you can call up your girl and not have to wait on reference checks and make your way over for some fun

xoxo JY
  • JnR82
  • 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
You handled it very well. Professional and polite. It certainly goes a long way but apparently this client didn't handle it as well as you did. Does he not know there are other days and times? Lol.
I agree with you, Jamie. And I would not suggest that anyone take shortcuts with process. There's enough that can go wrong when you do everything 'right'.

I do try to 'pre-screen' when I'm pretty sure I'm ready to book a particular provider. The challenge can be, I don't want to contact a provider and then not follow through. Don't want to jerk the person around. At the same time, I do want to have some communication to see if there is a 'click' factor and build rapport.

Can be a challenge to do that and not be a pest. But I always appreciate a provider willing to engage in that sort of exchange. Makes me feel comfortable.

Bob
I agree with you, Jamie. And I would not suggest that anyone take shortcuts with process. There's enough that can go wrong when you do everything 'right'.

I do try to 'pre-screen' when I'm pretty sure I'm ready to book a particular provider. The challenge can be, I don't want to contact a provider and then not follow through. Don't want to jerk the person around. At the same time, I do want to have some communication to see if there is a 'click' factor and build rapport.

Can be a challenge to do that and not be a pest. But I always appreciate a provider willing to engage in that sort of exchange. Makes me feel comfortable.

Bob Originally Posted by dodger
+1
Jamie, I like the way you think and i'm sure he'll find out later (with a little research) what he's missing.

I know i'm last minute so in the past i've sent a few PM's to try and get the approvals taken care of for when my opportunity does arise (pun intended) but i'll be honest not all the ladies think like you and some think we're just wasting there time.

for example - say i've sent 10 requests letting ladies know of my interest (i've sent a lot more than 10), of those 10, 3 have said don't contact unless i'm serious, 4 have just not replied and i've gotten 3 replies saying they understand and we'll meet when we can. Love those 3 and have seen most of them and will see them again.

i'm batting .333 and guess its working for me.

by the way, love the new pictures. keeps it fresh to always see new ones.

SES
It's been said before but getting pre-screened if you have short windows of time really comes in handy. You may have only an hour for lunch but you could have emailed your screening with your damn coffee and allowed your lunch date to screen while you were pretending to work but really were reading reviews or scanning BP ads....
Screen, screen, screen
Jamie, I like the way you think and i'm sure he'll find out later (with a little research) what he's missing.

I know i'm last minute so in the past i've sent a few PM's to try and get the approvals taken care of for when my opportunity does arise (pun intended) but i'll be honest not all the ladies think like you and some think we're just wasting there time.

for example - say i've sent 10 requests letting ladies know of my interest (i've sent a lot more than 10), of those 10, 3 have said don't contact unless i'm serious, 4 have just not replied and i've gotten 3 replies saying they understand and we'll meet when we can. Love those 3 and have seen most of them and will see them again.

i'm batting .333 and guess its working for me.

by the way, love the new pictures. keeps it fresh to always see new ones.

SES Originally Posted by sinkerswim

aww thank you sweetie

Also, I understand not all ladies want to deal with the overload of pre-screening but I personally don't mind it, and it makes things a lot easier for both parties when time is of the essence.
Socials are a great place to meet and follow up with a pre-screening.. Most of my appointments are within 4-6 hours of requested time.. Some may consider this short notice...
"Trust me I'm a good guy" = Run. That's just a ploy to skirt screening.

I've done plenty of last minute booty kawls but always with a lady I already know.

Newbie gals get at least 24hrs to check me out and then if'in they still nertz enuf to see me it's ON BABY!
Sometimes you suddenly get a free hour and BAM the little guy says "Let's book some entertainment!"

Not saying that you shouldn't lessen your screening. Rather, I suggest you take it as a compliment that you were called - even with short notice. It means the guy wanted to book you - and that can't be a bad thing, right?
Man I hate seeing this ad but its true girl you need to screen all your friends,it safe for you the guys that are coming to see you.I am a short notice type of guy and I have been told to wait for screening,I hate it but i understand but I love being able to call for a date with out all the screening mess.Keep doing the right thing and you will be safe..
I agree that screening is very important. I sometimes get an afternoon off with no notice....comp time. And if Jr. wants entertainment I try and call a select few providers that I have seen before, and usually they do not answer (probably in session) or do not have an incall set up or are out of town.....So I go to ampville ..
I've been guilty of late with short notice requests. I guess it helps that most of the providers know me or my rep. Apologies in advance, but P411 is my friend.
More often than I want to be, but I'm one of those NOW guys. Many times I never know when I'm going to be in Dallas metro, but once I find myself there it's almost as if I don't want to waste an opportunity to hobby (never know when the next time it'll be available), so the urge to do something is strong. And trying to get some NOW with a decent provider in Dallas......dude, good luck.

On the other side of the coin, I hate having to set up something too far out and either have to scramble to make the time or won't be able to make it altogether.

I usually never need a now NOW session. A 30 min wait is fine (for screening or whatever). The problem with trying to get a quick appointment is getting providers to pick up. I could be wrong here (kinda hope I am), but it seems that if a provider doesn't have any scheduled appointments they're totally tuned out from the hobby world. It's understandable if you're running errands or whatever, but is anything wrong with having the hobby phone within reach? Bruce Wayne has things to do, but he can become 'Batman' pretty quickly if need be (only analogy I could think of).

I say this cheerfully, here but since [some] providers think they should be making money around the clock, you'd think they'd have their phone close by, ready for business.

Anyway, yes. Prescreening is the best answer. Just send out a wave of screening data to all providers. Of course, they have to check their email to get the info, and we know how they are about that, right?