Junior Seau

Junior Seau found dead.

Hard to believe.

. . . Is there a larger pattern in the NFL to this tragedy?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...-probe-suicide

Suicide is the ultimate selfish act.
I think we should shut it down until a full investigation is undertaken by the federal government with plenty of time wasting hearings and testimony about steroid use and depression along with head injuries and all.
Then we stop boxing until we determine if there is a correlation between the two and to what extent more or less boxers or football players commit suicide.
Yeah that should take our mind off of why in the hell wasnt Obama a football player.
Personally, I would not judge people who commit suicide so harshly.

They are all undergoing extreme mental anguish and not thinking straight as a consequence when they decide to take their own life.

They are so distraught and can not even appreciate the full range of emotional trauma they leave behind which may not heal in a life time.

. . . There have been about eight of these suicides among NFL players and it makes you wonder what is the underlying motive going on here?
Maybe you should just shut the fuck up if that is all the poor advice that you can contribute to the discussion.

. . . You never make much sense anyway.

I think we should shut it down until a full investigation is undertaken by the federal government with plenty of time wasting hearings and testimony about steroid use and depression along with head injuries and all.
Then we stop boxing until we determine if there is a correlation between the two and to what extent more or less boxers or football players commit suicide.
Yeah that should take our mind off of why in the hell wasnt Obama a football player. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Dentists have the highest rate of suicide than any other occupation.

Nobody likes a Dentist.
FastGunn your avatar worries me.

I really do not have the time or the desire to explain the intricate yet subtle meanings of my posts.
As to you, I am not surprised that it does not make sense, at time they do take some thought to fully understand.
Maybe tomorrow.
They have donated his brain to science. Will anybody be suprised if it comes back with all sorts of abnormalities due to being inside a helment that crashed into 250 pound objects for 12 years.

Nobody knows the demons that lurks inside another's soul.
I wonder would past riod use show up in those brain exams?
Brain injuries do appear to be a common thread running through all these NFL suicides.

Furthermore, these tortured souls have usually shot themselves in the chest rather than in the head as is more common.

Such a grim and deliberate act at the end of one's life does seem even more chilling because they appear to retain enough mental capacity in spite of their anguish to make that distinction.

. . . It is as though they are making a final and ultimate sacrifice to leave their brains intact to facilitate forensic examination.

They have donated his brain to science. Will anybody be suprised if it comes back with all sorts of abnormalities due to being inside a helment that crashed into 250 pound objects for 12 years.

Nobody knows the demons that lurks inside another's soul. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That is actually incorrect.

That is an urban legend and you might have heard it on the Seinfeld show.

The profession with the highest suicide rate are physicians.

To be even more specific, it is psychiatrists that have the highest suicide rates.

. . . However, we are getting off-track from the central topic of this thread.

Dentists have the highest rate of suicide than any other occupation.

Nobody likes a Dentist. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Bad comedians have the highest rate of Seau-cide
Personally, I take small comfort just in knowing that gnadflys have a really short life span.

. . . I just wonder why we need the little fuckers at all?

Junior Seau found dead.

Hard to believe.

. . . Is there a larger pattern in the NFL to this tragedy?
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Junior's death was certainly a tragedy but suicides are not limited to professional football alone. Suicides occur in all walks of life! I'm not going to read any more into the tragedy than that!

Personally, I take small comfort just in knowing that gnadflys have a really short life span. Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
I thought those pesky little critters were named turdfly's.

. . . I just wonder why we need the little fuckers at all? Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Even blood-sucking insects have limited value.
Even blood-sucking insects have limited value. Originally Posted by bigtex
AKA, 'Democrats'.