Who has experience incorporating electro-stimulation during a kinky encounter?

Recently, I got the chance to try out a Neon Wand and TENS Unit. In the past, I'd thought of e-stim as an experience I was curious about, but unsure of if or when I'd ever give it a try. I guess I thought of those types of sensations as a soft limit. Partially because I was certain little zaps on my arms and thighs, or on even more tender places like my breasts would be a sharp, unsavory feeling but that wasn't the case after I actually succumbed to my desires. At this point, I'm open to seeking out more fitting moments to explore this type of play and would love to learn more about best practices.
Are you wanting to give or receive...
Slowly explore your limits.
Perhaps a trusted civie or professional to assist.
Or, allow your client to slowly explore their limits.
Note that even similar types of equipment are different (strength, intensity, etc.), even if from same manufacturer (different model #s).
Must understand, and accept, time limits. Even very mild electric current can actually cause sunburn type issues, or more, if applied to long.
I don't know if you are a member, but the website Fetlife.com is for kink, and has groups and stickies about this type of play.
Lindsey Lacey is a good local gal with a good amount of experience in kink.
She has all that and likely more.
I second Lindsey Lacey! She's very educated on fetishes.
Gratitude for the tips y'all. Eventually, I'm looking to both give and receive. To start off my journey though, I'd like to get a better grasp of this type of play by continuing on with receiving.

My TENS arrived in a hurry thanks to Amazon Prime. I'm feeling so nervous and wishing I had a guiding hand to bless it with it's first time contacting my skin. I suppose I could render myself a test dummy after doing some more thorough research. Wish me an electrifying time!
I have played with TENs for a few years off and on. It can be very stimulating, and its can get over the edge. Be very careful with this type of equipment and running current through the areas that could not be healthy. The heart is one area, and for sure with anyone that has a pacemaker.

try to keep the entry and exit places close together, Its wonderful when done right. I'm very experienced with it, had a physical therapist work with me for over a year for an injury and we use to play with it as well. I didn't mind showing up at 6 AM. PM me if you need a little guidance
This makes all the sense in the world! Duly noted.

Be very careful with this type of equipment and running current through the areas that could not be healthy. The heart is one area... Originally Posted by RACE4GIRLS
I've heard conflicting advice suggesting to keep the entry and exit places far apart?

...try to keep the entry and exit places close together.. Originally Posted by RACE4GIRLS
http://store.mystim.com/b2c_en/magic-gloves.html

http://store.mystim.com/b2c_en/spiny-spencer.html

I have experienced using these on a friend of mine and she absolutely love the stimulation. Electro-play can be wonderfully exhilarating!
It always felt like a burning sensation to me, not what I was expecting or seeking. Perhaps I need a certified electrician to deliver the goods...
Sandy in Arkansas is a real pro at this from what I gather. Read some of her reviews. Search provider by name type in Sandy, there are only 2 and she is the 1 with blue hair
Smurf has numerous toys of this variety. I have been on the rcving end of her electro punishment for some time now and always during some wonderful roll play sessions. Highly recommend her.

Ass
I tried a tens unit and it didn't do anything for me.
Tried different placements and all it did was constrict my dick.

After I was hard I placed it on my cock and had my girl blow me.
When I was almost ready to blow I turned it on and thought I could just cum without jerking off but it was meh.
The problem is that TENS units are therapeutic in nature and most inexpensive electro stimulation units are no more than re-branded TENS units. I know from experience. If you are truly into estim you need a unit specifically designed for it. As a first choice I would recommend the Erostek ET-312b. Be warned it is pricey at $600. Over the years I have owned mine it is down to less than 25 cents per orgasm. You can see it here https://erostek.com/products/et312b-digital-power-unit
or here http://happystim-usa.com/id60.html Also, conductive rubber is a great choice to start with. I would be happy to help with any questions if you want to PM me.