Love Him or Hate Him President George W. Bush has Class

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/27/politi...sis/index.html

Bush recently attended a donor and I have no issues with him disagreeing with Obama's policy, but at least President Bush had the class not to sink to new lows and totally berate Obama unlike Cheney has on many interviews. Guys like Whirlaway, I B, DSK, Jd, and gnad perhaps you can learn something from Bush.

Bush in fact opened his remarks by insisting that he would not criticize Obama, Fleischer said, because he didn't want to make Obama's job more difficult by commenting on his policies or lambasting him, a courtesy Bush's vice president has not afforded Obama (Dick Cheney last month called Obama "the worst president of my lifetime").

Two donors who were in the room for Bush's remarks confirmed Fleischer's account and one said Bush noted the importance of being respectful toward the President and remembering that the U.S. only has one President at a time.

But Bush's remarks on Iran, Iraq and ISIS set up a stark contrast to Obama's policies -- an implicit critique.

Bush said the U.S. would lose its leverage to keep Iran from a nuclear weapon if it lifted sanctions, according to Fleischer and several attendees who spoke to CNN. Meanwhile, the Obama administration is currently brokering a deal to curb Iran's nuclear program which would give Iran sanctions relief once it complies with the terms of the deal.

And while Obama has often leaned on the election of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who is considered a moderate in Iran, as signs of change in Iran, but Bush said Rouhani is just a new face, reminding the audience that you can't run for president in Iran without the blessing of the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, according to a source in the room.

Bush also dismissed Rouhani as a spokesman for the ayatollah, and he said all power over decision making is the ayatollah's, according to Fleischer.

The closest Bush came to directly criticizing Obama was when he quoted Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham's criticism of Obama's decision to pull American troops out of Iraq in late 2011, calling it a "strategic blunder."

Obama completely withdrew U.S. troops from Iraq at the end of 2011 without successfully brokering a deal with the Iraqi government to leave a smaller residual force of U.S. troops -- a move that has been criticized as creating a vacuum in Iraq and allowing ISIS to gain ground in northern Iraq more easily.

Bush spokesman Freddy Ford declined to directly comment on Bush's remarks because the event was meant to be off the record.

"The reporting I've seen doesn't particularly match my recollection of what was said," he said.

Bush also discussed the 2016 presidential campaign, which his brother is expected to enter as one of the leading Republican contenders.

He called his brother Jeb Bush capable and qualified, but acknowledged that he and their shared family name would be a liability in the coming contest, Fleischer said.

Bush noted that Americans don't like dynasties and called the "Bush" name a "hurdle" or "burden" Jeb would need to overcome, Fleischer recalled.

And that's why Bush told attendees they won't "see much of me" on the campaign trail, an attendee told CNN.

Bush also commented on the Democratic frontrunner for the nomination, Hillary Clinton, calling her formidable, but "beatable," according to Fleischer and an attendee.
Why are you bringing me into this? The gentlemen's agreement for Presidents not to criticize each other is among the Presidents. Not the VPs, not the Senators, not common folk.

It was Obama who hasn't held up his end of the agreement. He criticized and blamed Bush from the get go, often while embracing Bush's policies like drone strikes or extending Bush's Patriot Act. Obama did other things like ending the Iraqi war on the Bush timetable.

But you're right, Bush has shown an incredible amount of class. Except for one appearance on Leno when he showed his paintings and the opening of the Bush II library he's pretty much kept out the public eye. He's also rarely criticized Obama's actions or lack of action despite Obama constant criticism of the prior administration.

My guess is Obama will not hold up his end of the bargain when he leaves office. He'll speak of the challenges Bush left him and how the bad TEA Partiers squash his vast number of initiatives even though he basically had a Supermajority for two years. Even today I heard how Obama state how he had legislation sitting on his desk that would solve the black unemployment problem but the Republicans wouldn't bring it up. It's like he's forgotten the first two years in office. Of course, the media is too polite to remind him.

But you are wrong WE. I've already told BigKotex when Obama leaves office I will expect his successor be it Republican or Democrat to solve this nation's problems. That I will not accept Rubio or Clinton or O'Malley or Webb or Bush or whoever to constantly blame the prior administration. Nor will I blame Obama (except for Obamacare because its got his name on it). It's up to the 2016 POTUS election winner to move this country forward.
Why are you bringing me into this? The gentlemen's agreement for Presidents not to criticize each other is among the Presidents. Not the VPs, not the Senators, not common folk.

It was Obama who hasn't held up his end of the agreement. He criticized and blamed Bush from the get go, often while embracing Bush's policies like drone strikes or extending Bush's Patriot Act. Obama did other things like ending the Iraqi war on the Bush timetable.

But you're right, Bush has shown an incredible amount of class. Except for one appearance on Leno when he showed his paintings and the opening of the Bush II library he's pretty much kept out the public eye. He's also rarely criticized Obama's actions or lack of action despite Obama constant criticism of the prior administration.

My guess is Obama will not hold up his end of the bargain when he leaves office. He'll speak of the challenges Bush left him and how the bad TEA Partiers squash his vast number of initiatives even though he basically had a Supermajority for two years. Even today I heard how Obama state how he had legislation sitting on his desk that would solve the black unemployment problem but the Republicans wouldn't bring it up. It's like he's forgotten the first two years in office. Of course, the media is too polite to remind him.

But you are wrong WE. I've already told BigKotex when Obama leaves office I will expect his successor be it Republican or Democrat to solve this nation's problems. That I will not accept Rubio or Clinton or O'Malley or Webb or Bush or whoever to constantly blame the prior administration. Nor will I blame Obama (except for Obamacare because its got his name on it). It's up to the 2016 POTUS election winner to move this country forward. Originally Posted by gnadfly
To pretend that the problems left by the previous administration, regardless of who it is, just disappear and the slate is wiped clean on January 20, is a little naive. It's a fluid situation.

And he hasn't been completely classy. Here he is, where he thought no one would find out, bashing Obama.

http://www.bloombergview.com/article...on-middle-east
It was Obama who hasn't held up his end of the agreement. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Wah! Wah! Wah!

Boo Fukin' Hoo!

Wah! Wah! Wah!

That mean ol' Obama, is just a Kenyan born, Muslim bully!

Says who?

Says Turdy the Nutless Turdfly, of course.

Take a bow Turdy the Nutless Turdfly!
Wah! Wah! Wah!

Boo Fukin' Hoo!

Wah! Wah! Wah!

That mean ol' Obama, is just a Kenyan born, Muslim bully!

Says who?

Says Turdy the Nutless Turdfly, of course.

Take a bow Turdy the Nutless Turdfly! Originally Posted by bigtex
I certainly wouldn't call him a bully. A whiney little bitch but never a bully.
I certainly wouldn't call him a bully. A whiney little bitch but never a bully. Originally Posted by Budman
I suspect The President of the United States would probably say something similar about you.

We will just call it a mutual admiration society!

As for Turdy, Mr. Prez probably would call him a Smelly Ol' Nutless Turdfly.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/27/politi...sis/index.html

Bush recently attended a donor and I have no issues with him disagreeing with Obama's policy, but at least President Bush had the class not to sink to new lows and totally berate Obama unlike Cheney has on many interviews. Guys like Whirlaway, I B, DSK, Jd, and gnad perhaps you can learn something from Bush.

Bush in fact opened his remarks by insisting that he would not criticize Obama, Fleischer said, because he didn't want to make Obama's job more difficult by commenting on his policies or lambasting him, a courtesy Bush's vice president has not afforded Obama (Dick Cheney last month called Obama "the worst president of my lifetime").

Two donors who were in the room for Bush's remarks confirmed Fleischer's account and one said Bush noted the importance of being respectful toward the President and remembering that the U.S. only has one President at a time.

But Bush's remarks on Iran, Iraq and ISIS set up a stark contrast to Obama's policies -- an implicit critique.

Bush said the U.S. would lose its leverage to keep Iran from a nuclear weapon if it lifted sanctions, according to Fleischer and several attendees who spoke to CNN. Meanwhile, the Obama administration is currently brokering a deal to curb Iran's nuclear program which would give Iran sanctions relief once it complies with the terms of the deal.

And while Obama has often leaned on the election of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who is considered a moderate in Iran, as signs of change in Iran, but Bush said Rouhani is just a new face, reminding the audience that you can't run for president in Iran without the blessing of the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, according to a source in the room.

Bush also dismissed Rouhani as a spokesman for the ayatollah, and he said all power over decision making is the ayatollah's, according to Fleischer.

The closest Bush came to directly criticizing Obama was when he quoted Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham's criticism of Obama's decision to pull American troops out of Iraq in late 2011, calling it a "strategic blunder."

Obama completely withdrew U.S. troops from Iraq at the end of 2011 without successfully brokering a deal with the Iraqi government to leave a smaller residual force of U.S. troops -- a move that has been criticized as creating a vacuum in Iraq and allowing ISIS to gain ground in northern Iraq more easily.

Bush spokesman Freddy Ford declined to directly comment on Bush's remarks because the event was meant to be off the record.

"The reporting I've seen doesn't particularly match my recollection of what was said," he said.

Bush also discussed the 2016 presidential campaign, which his brother is expected to enter as one of the leading Republican contenders.

He called his brother Jeb Bush capable and qualified, but acknowledged that he and their shared family name would be a liability in the coming contest, Fleischer said.

Bush noted that Americans don't like dynasties and called the "Bush" name a "hurdle" or "burden" Jeb would need to overcome, Fleischer recalled.

And that's why Bush told attendees they won't "see much of me" on the campaign trail, an attendee told CNN.

Bush also commented on the Democratic frontrunner for the nomination, Hillary Clinton, calling her formidable, but "beatable," according to Fleischer and an attendee. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911

As far as you know, I was never the president of this country so I have no restrictions (classy or otherwise) on criticizing Obama. If fact according to Hillary it is patriotic to criticize the president or his policies.
It is obvious that this is your feeble attempt to stifly criticism of Obama using the old civility play. Kind of like Obama demanding civility the day before he takes a low shot at the GOP or the Supreme Court.

Not going to work.
[QUOTE=wellendowed1911;10566582 93]http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/27/politi...sis/index.html

Bush recently attended a donor and I have no issues with him disagreeing with Obama's policy, but at least President Bush had the class not to sink to new lows and totally berate Obama unlike Cheney has on many interviews.

"
[QUOTE]

you mean like obama constantly does to bush?
It will be interesting to see how "restrained" Obama will be as an ex-president.

My money is he will be more like Jimmy Carter, than GW/HW Bush.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051900212.html

As president, Obama hasn't felt restrained in blaming Bush for everything, no reason to think Obama will be restrained as an ex president.
It will be interesting to see how "restrained" Obama will be as an ex-president.

My money is he will be more like Jimmy Carter, than GW/HW Bush. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
They both need some "legacy" building after leaving office. Trying to be relevant.
To pretend that the problems left by the previous administration, regardless of who it is, just disappear and the slate is wiped clean on January 20, is a little naive. It's a fluid situation.

And he hasn't been completely classy. Here he is, where he thought no one would find out, bashing Obama.

http://www.bloombergview.com/article...on-middle-east Originally Posted by WombRaider
God you're an idiot. Of course the slate isn't "wiped clean."

Here's a joke/story that everybody of my generation knows and has taken to heart:

A fellow had just been hired as the new CEO of a large corporation. The current CEO was stepping down and met with the new hire privately in his office, where he handed him three numbered envelopes.

"Open these if you run up against a problem you don't think you can solve," the first CEO said.

Things went along pretty smoothly for the first six month, but then sales took a downturn and the new CEO began catching a lot of heat. He went to his drawer and took out the first envelope. The message read, "Blame your predecessor."

The new CEO called a press conference and tactfully laid the blame at the feet of the previous CEO. Sales began to pick up and the problem was soon behind him.

About a year later, the company was again experiencing a slight dip in sales, combined with serious product malfunctions. Having learned from his previous experience, the CEO opened the second envelope. The message read, "Reorganize." This he did, and the company quickly rebounded.

After several consecutive profitable quarters, the company once again fell on hard times. The CEO went to his office, closed the door and opened the third envelope.

The message said, "Prepare three envelopes."
God you're an idiot. Of course the slate isn't "wiped clean."

Here's a joke/story that everybody of my generation knows and has taken to heart:

A fellow had just been hired as the new CEO of a large corporation. The current CEO was stepping down and met with the new hire privately in his office, where he handed him three numbered envelopes.

"Open these if you run up against a problem you don't think you can solve," the first CEO said.

Things went along pretty smoothly for the first six month, but then sales took a downturn and the new CEO began catching a lot of heat. He went to his drawer and took out the first envelope. The message read, "Blame your predecessor."

The new CEO called a press conference and tactfully laid the blame at the feet of the previous CEO. Sales began to pick up and the problem was soon behind him.

About a year later, the company was again experiencing a slight dip in sales, combined with serious product malfunctions. Having learned from his previous experience, the CEO opened the second envelope. The message read, "Reorganize." This he did, and the company quickly rebounded.

After several consecutive profitable quarters, the company once again fell on hard times. The CEO went to his office, closed the door and opened the third envelope.

The message said, "Prepare three envelopes." Originally Posted by gnadfly
I've already told BigKotex when Obama leaves office I will expect his successor be it Republican or Democrat to solve this nation's problems. That I will not accept Rubio or Clinton or O'Malley or Webb or Bush or whoever to constantly blame the prior administration

Sounds like you think the slate gets wiped clean pretty quick.
I've already told BigKotex when Obama leaves office I will expect his successor be it Republican or Democrat to solve this nation's problems. That I will not accept Rubio or Clinton or O'Malley or Webb or Bush or whoever to constantly blame the prior administration

Sounds like you think the slate gets wiped clean pretty quick. Originally Posted by WombRaider
If the next President is a Democrat or Republican, s/he will only exacerbate the problems.
If the next President is a Democrat or Republican, s/he will only exacerbate the problems. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Hunker down you bunker bitch, gonna be problems.
  • shanm
  • 04-30-2015, 12:01 AM
If the next President is a Democrat or Republican, s/he will only exacerbate the problems. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
If?

Let us know when you and your 5 other circle jerk buddies successfully win an election.