Hobbyist vs Punter

Can anyone explain the basis of the UK term Punter and how it relates or is difference vs what Hobbyist here?

I have found the term Punter used mainly in the UK seems to mean the same thing as Hobbyist here. Any thoughts? Why does the civilian media characterize men who see providers as abusers of women or somehow deranged men. Its like calling Naval Pilots baby killers.

Frankly a man seeing providers or having a Sugar Baby (SA girl) is s sign of financial success not some form of social depravity. In addition I see being a punter (hobbyist) as a sexual preference vs a traditional relationship with all its commitment, financial drain, misery, pain, and baggage.
Don't sweat it ... the Brits don't know how to play proper football either.
Don't sweat it ... the Brits don't know how to play proper football either. Originally Posted by StinkyFingers
LOL,Too funny Ha,Ha.
I once asked and was told that it was the equivalent of douchebag. Definitely derogatory. I don't really view hobbyist as derogatory.
If you can't get it done in three tries, then you better have a good punter. Specially if they were three marriages.
Don't sweat it ... the Brits don't know how to play proper football either. Originally Posted by StinkyFingers
....or even cricket.