Not A New Hobbyist, But New To The Site (Kind of)

Hello ECCIE friends!

Just wanted to post a new thread introducing myself. I wouldn't say that I'm new to the hobby as I have been hobbying since about 2008, joined the site in... 2012, but only just recently started utilizing this website and all its resources and have found that there really is a larger playing field to be... uh.. played on? lol Anyway, I've noticed that a lot of verified, A+, super-awesome providers require references. In all my years with the hobby there was never really a need for such a thing. But I've found that I have been missing out on some great quality providers that pass through my town (El Paso) and would really like to not miss out any more. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one might acquire a reference? All the providers who are reference friendly require references, so it seems really difficult to me, unless I'm missing something. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Glad to officially join the team!

Welcome to the forum.
Welcome to more active participation. But since you are not new to the site I moved this to COED. If you have any questions that myself or Wallance can answer feel free to PM us.
Hello ECCIE friends!

Just wanted to post a new thread introducing myself. I wouldn't say that I'm new to the hobby as I have been hobbying since about 2008, joined the site in... 2012, but only just recently started utilizing this website and all its resources and have found that there really is a larger playing field to be... uh.. played on? lol Anyway, I've noticed that a lot of verified, A+, super-awesome providers require references. In all my years with the hobby there was never really a need for such a thing. But I've found that I have been missing out on some great quality providers that pass through my town (El Paso) and would really like to not miss out any more. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one might acquire a reference? All the providers who are reference friendly require references, so it seems really difficult to me, unless I'm missing something. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Glad to officially join the team!

Originally Posted by Gui7arguy

Well Welcome babe!
You definitely made a good choice- Have fun!
Welcome aboard!!

Sadly, in our town (EP) there aren't a lot of providers (I have been away for a few months perhaps that has changes), so I know there has always been the verification process that gets frustrating in EP.

Have you signed up for P411? Have you seen anyone locally? Pm me and we can discuss further, Im sure I can help you out. Ive been hobbying in EP/LC for 6 yrs

Ash