College Conspiracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNlo...relatedCollege

College Conspiracy is the most comprehensive documentary ever produced about higher education in the U.S. The film exposes the facts and truth about America's college education system. 'College Conspiracy' was produced over a six-month period by National Inflation Assocation's team of expert Austrian economists with the help of thousands of NIA members who contributed their ideas and personal stories for the film. NIA believes the U.S. college education system is a scam that turns vulnerable young Americans into debt slaves for life

I highly recommend taking your valuable time to watch this whole video, if you ever questioned the real value of college, the real return on investment, the huge risk/s involved in this "investment".

Few quotes from the film:

95% of college graduates interviewed by the NIA with annual income above 200k or more say that their college degree had absolutely nothing to do with their business success.

90% of these same people said they probably would have become successful at a much earlier age and be making even more money today if they didn't waste so many years of their life attending college.

If you want to learn how to do something try to study under the person that can do it the best. (Internship, apprenticeship, mentor)

There are jobs everywhere, you have to create a job. You don't get a job you make one.

Near the end of the video it brings up the key importance and future of cost of food, farming and agriculture. Hint hint**
State funding for universities has been declining for about 25 years. They have to make up the difference in revenue.

Many of the degree plans could probably go away, or be combined.
I will watch that when I get home.
The States have less money to spend as the cost of everything rises. the states also have to deal with the onorus dedcisions made by past officials that have left them burdened with unsustainable benefit programs unlike what is available in the private sector.
Inflation is a killer. State controlled tuition is but a small part of the allowable charges to the student that grows and grows. Fees and other additional charges far exceed the basic tuition cost.
Another issue is the relative impossibility of obtaining a degree in four years because of what may appear to be quirks but often are planned in order to extend the amount of time and thus the income of the university.
some universities are requiring some classes that don't have a lot to do with the major but cost more to take.
The first time I registered for classes in an engineering program my counselor told me I had to take humanities classes. I asked her why and she said to make me a more well rounded person. I laughed and told her that I had been to 30+ countries in the world, had learned a smattering of five languages, read voraciously for years, and (yes, I did say this) had had sex with women on six different continents of all colors. What was the college going to teach me that I didn't already have a good idea of. She is in Congress now and still an idiot.
when you can help cover up child sex abuse at Penn State and retire with over $300,000 per year you know theres something wrong

when the president of Penn State made $813,000 plus per year (not including all the perks and benefits, i'm sure) and even though he was forced to resign for covering things up he continues as a "tenured" professor at Penn State, because well yeah he had tenure, you know something is wrong

its a system much like unions and working for the federal government where mechanisms are set up to benefit those inside which inch by inch and hidden benefit by benefit build sloppy bloated inefficient overpaid bureacracies that are hung onto with tenanciousness and an ever greater search for money to keep it going.

there is an unholy marriage between the government student loan system and colleges whereby one feeds the other until, well we have a crisis, but its merely a crisis of funding or of the poor student who will have their interest rate raised. We never look in the right place, liberalism and cronyism.
The Adult continuing educational on your time universities (Phoenix etc) are the worst, some will sign up homeless people for classes, get them approved for student loans, take the money and leave the bum with the bill which will never get paid.

I finished my degree in a similar program at a Christian university, since then (Late 2007) the job market went to shit. So i set with a degree cant find regular stiff work so i did the unthinkable i created work started my own business that has a lot of potential. Sadly the stuff i learned getting my BS in BA with an HR is useless in what I do, but helpful in keeping the back office alive.
The Adult continuing educational on your time universities (Phoenix etc) are the worst, some will sign up homeless people for classes, get them approved for student loans, take the money and leave the bum with the bill which will never get paid.

I finished my degree in a similar program at a Christian university, since then (Late 2007) the job market went to shit. So i set with a degree cant find regular stiff work so i did the unthinkable i created work started my own business that has a lot of potential. Sadly the stuff i learned getting my BS in BA with an HR is useless in what I do, but helpful in keeping the back office alive. Originally Posted by ledge12
most of the "poor' get grants, they dont have to pay anything, we pay it
Community college ftw