Oh those Nazi's

Glenn Greenwald telling it like it is:

Amazing article from the NYT about the rather uncomfortable fact that photos of Ukrainian soldiers and leading battalions so often include Nazi symbols and flags.

For a decade, the Western press warned Ukraine's fighters were dominated by Nazi units

In the US, anyone with a MAGA hat is deemed a Nazi and must be destroyed.

But liberals see actual, real-deal Nazis in Ukraine and want to fund and arm them.

Perhaps there may be long-term dangers to flooding Nazi battalions with advanced weaponry?
The vast majority of Ukrainians and Ukrainian military are not Nazi's. The notion that they're dominated by Nazi's is a farce you want to believe.

You ignore that constantly, while pretending there are no Nazi's in the U.S. military and that U.S. Neo-Nazi's don't recruit disproportionately from former U.S. military.

Did you know know that Dmitri Utkin is a Nazi? The very same Utkin with direct access to Putin. The very same Utkin that just sent a vieled threat to the Chechen Tiktok army and reminder of how things went the last time Wagner met up with Ahkmat?
This is the headline of the article Greenwald refers to - you know its bad when the NYT calls out Ukraine's Nazi problem

Nazi Symbols on Ukraine’s Front Lines Highlight Thorny Issues of History
Glenn Greenwald telling it like it is:

Amazing article from the NYT about the rather uncomfortable fact that photos of Ukrainian soldiers and leading battalions so often include Nazi symbols and flags.

For a decade, the Western press warned Ukraine's fighters were dominated by Nazi units

But liberals see actual, real-deal Nazis in Ukraine and want to fund and arm them.

Perhaps there may be long-term dangers to flooding Nazi battalions with advanced weaponry? Originally Posted by berryberry
This is why Glenn Greenwald even though he is far left politically, is a well respected journalist. He tells the truth unlike many others and calls out the leftists - just like he did in this case for leftists supporting actual Nazi's. As he notes, the Western Press warned for years that Ukraine's military is dominated by Nazi's
Originally Posted by berryberry
The truth is that there are millions of MAGA hat wearers in this country who have not been destroyed. Most MAGA hat wearers go about their business without anyone attempting to destroy them.
You have to wonder, why do leftists see actual, real-deal Nazis in Ukraine and want to fund and arm them?

Nazi Symbols on Ukraine’s Front Lines Highlight Thorny Issues of History

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/05/w...s-ukraine.html
US leftists are currently the world’s #1 apologists for Nazis and it’s not even close. Here the NYT grudgingly acknowledges Ukraine’s Nazi problem not because they’re Nazis, but because their Nazism “threatens to reinforce Russian propaganda”:

The New York Times - @nytimes

The decision by some Ukrainian soldiers to wear patches with Nazi icons threatens to reinforce Russian propaganda used to justify the invasion. It also could give the symbols mainstream life after the West's decades-long efforts to eliminate them.
The truth is that there are millions of MAGA hat wearers in this country who have not been destroyed. Most MAGA hat wearers go about their business without anyone attempting to destroy them. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
This implies that some wearing a maga hat actually are “destroyed”. Why is that?
This implies that some wearing a maga hat actually are “destroyed”. Why is that? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I’m still around. But I’m armed and dangerous.
This implies that some wearing a maga hat actually are “destroyed”. Why is that? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Because out of all the MAGA hat wearers I can't be 100% sure that not a single one has been destroyed. I've seen a few catch the hands. IDK if that qualifies as destroyed, but it's kind of subjective, I guess. I haven't seen anyone advocating machine gunning and land mining them.
Ukraine crisis: Inside the Mariupol base of the controversial Azov battalion

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

The first thing you notice as you walk through the corridors of the Azov battalion's base in Mariupol are the swastikas.

There are many — painted on doors, adorning the walls and chalked onto the blackboards of this former school, now temporary headquarters for the Azov troops.

It is a confronting sight and when I query the young soldier assigned to show me around he is quick to correct me, pointing out that the symbol is in fact a "modified swastika" — more like the letter N crossed with a straight line.

When I point to another symbol of the Third Reich etched on the wall, that of Hitler's "SS", he simply shrugs and says: "We are nationalists, but we are not Nazis."

The Azov battalion is a highly controversial Ukrainian paramilitary group that has drawn much criticism for its links to the far right.

The imagery it has chosen to adopt hardly helps to allay concerns, but for my young guide it is a non-issue.

"Some journalists prefer to present us as Nazis. They look for any chance to discredit our regiment," he said.

After last month's rebel defeat of Ukrainian forces at Debaltseve in the north, attention has switched to the port city of Mariupol, less than 60 kilometres from the Russian border, which most believe is next in the separatists' sights.

I have been invited to tour the Azov base where new recruits are in training, preparing to defend the city from an attack which most here are predicting will come before the end of the Ukrainian spring.

Like pro-Russian rebels, Ukrainian soldiers rarely provide their real names when talking to journalists, using platoon nicknames instead.

We want to build a new independent and sovereign Ukraine. That's what makes us different from other military units.

The 22-year-old, 6-foot 2-inch bearded soldier showing me around is called Dancer.

A roads engineer graduate from Luhansk, Dancer joined the Azov battalion last year shortly after the armed conflict began in eastern Ukraine, attracted by the militia group's long-term goals.

"Our battalion is comprised of conscious people who have a much higher purpose than just winning the war," he said.

"We want to build a new independent and sovereign Ukraine. That's what makes us different from other military units."

The Azov battalion is a volunteer military brigade that was formed last year in Mariupol, named after the sea on which the city is located.

It is closely linked to the Social-National Assembly, an umbrella organisation to a collection of ultra-nationalist and neo-Nazi groups in Ukraine, and many of Azov's recruits are drawn by its perceived far right-wing ideology.

Currently under the auspices of Ukraine's interior ministry, there are deep concerns that arming right-wing paramilitary groups like Azov might backfire and present a future threat to the government, but Dancer says the fears are unfounded.

"The battalion operates as a professional military unit," he said.

"The commanders listen to you while you listen to your subordinates, and all the daily and military questions are solved in a democratic way.

"There is no violence against younger conscripts in Azov, no stupid orders and notations."

Azov volunteers fight alongside regular Ukrainian forces and were amongst the earliest to see action in the conflict last year and its troops have a fearless reputation.

"I wanted to join a battalion that would be on the frontline and participate in real action," Dancer said...

By Nicholas Lazaredes in Ukraine
Posted Thu 12 Mar 2015 at 7:24pm Thursday 12 Mar 2015 at 7:24pm, updated Tue 24 Mar 2015 at 6:30am

Awe, crud-buns! That was under OBama's watch. Go figure!?!
But I'm confident they are still a swell bunch-o-fellas.

Parting thought bubble:
It takes a long time to groom a good Nazi and it has been going on for a long time now.
EVERYTHINGNEWS March 19, 2018 10:27 PM Updated 5 years ago
Commentary: Ukraine’s neo-Nazi problem
By Josh Cohen, Commentary

As Ukraine’s struggle against Russia and its proxies continues, Kiev must also contend with a growing problem behind the front lines: far-right vigilantes who are willing to use intimidation and even violence to advance their agendas, and who often do so with the tacit approval of law enforcement agencies...

...A January 28 demonstration, in Kiev, by 600 members of the so-called “National Militia,” a newly-formed ultranationalist group that vows “to use force to establish order,” illustrates this threat. While the group’s Kiev launch was peaceful, National Militia members in balaclavas stormed a city council meeting in the central Ukrainian town of Cherkasy the following day, skirmishing with deputies and forcing them to pass a new budget.

Many of the National Militia's members come from the Azov movement, one of the 30-odd privately-funded “volunteer battalions” that, in the early days of the war, helped the regular army to defend Ukrainian territory against Russia's separatist proxies. Although Azov uses Nazi-era symbolism and recruits neo-Nazis into its ranks, a recent article in Foreign Affairs downplayed any risks the group might pose, pointing out that, like other volunteer militias, Azov has been “reined in” through its integration into Ukraine’s armed forces. While it’s true that private militias no longer rule the battlefront, it’s the home front that Kiev needs to worry about now.

When Russian President Vladimir Putin’s seizure of Crimea four years ago first exposed the decrepit condition of Ukraine’s armed forces, right-wing militias such as Azov and Right Sector stepped into the breach, fending off the Russian-backed separatists while Ukraine’s regular military regrouped. Though, as a result, many Ukrainians continue to regard the militias with gratitude and admiration, the more extreme among these groups promote an intolerant and illiberal ideology that will endanger Ukraine in the long term. Since the Crimean crisis, the militias have been formally integrated into Ukraine’s armed forces, but some have resisted full integration: Azov, for example, runs its own <banned mention> training camp, and the careers section instructs recruits who wish to transfer to Azov from a regular military unit...
There is a provocative Utub video embedded in the article that I will not post here.
Basically, it's what the Demonicrats fap to. Well... there is another thing or two, but you can't mention them here...

There is this tirade from October 9, 2020, that sort of explains it:
Propagandist Keith Olbermann Releases ISIS-Style Terror Declaration Against Trump and His Supporters

...Olbermann recently released an ISIS-style video in which he demanded for the Trump administration to suffer along with his supporters and elected officials close to the president.

“Trump can be and must be expunged. The hate he has triggered, the Pandora’s box he has opened, they will not be so easily destroyed,” Olbermann said to start off his rant. He would quickly grow more unhinged from there.

“The task is two-fold. The terrorist Trump must be defeated, must be destroyed, must be devoured at the ballot box. And then, he and his enablers and his supporters and his collaborators, and the Mike Lee’s, and the William Barr’s, and the Sean Hannity’s, and the Mike Pence’s, and the Rudy Giuliani’s, and the Kyle Rittenhouse’s, and the Amy Coney Barrett’s must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society while we rebuild it,” he added....

...“Remember it. Even as we dream of a return to reality and safety and the country for which our forefathers died, that the fight is not just to win an election, but to win it by enough to chase, at least for a moment, Trump and the maggots off the stage and then to try and clean up what they left,” Olbermann said.

“Remember it, even though to remember it means remembering that the fight does not end November 3rd, but, in many ways, will only begin,” he concluded.
Also note; the Demonicrats are in a bit of a quandary now that Muh Russia, Russia, Russia is - DEAD as a door nail - which makes the Nazi's and Ukraine in general, an albatross around their neck
  • Tiny
  • 06-06-2023, 07:03 AM
The vast majority of Ukrainians and Ukrainian military are not Nazi's. The notion that they're dominated by Nazi's is a farce you want to believe.

You ignore that constantly, while pretending there are no Nazi's in the U.S. military and that U.S. Neo-Nazi's don't recruit disproportionately from former U.S. military.

Did you know know that Dmitri Utkin is a Nazi? The very same Utkin with direct access to Putin. The very same Utkin that just sent a vieled threat to the Chechen Tiktok army and reminder of how things went the last time Wagner met up with Ahkmat? Originally Posted by HDGristle
Did you know that Dmitri Utkin is Ukrainian?