I Think We Found Where Cuts Can Be Made

• CJ7
  • 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
By law, former presidents are entitled to a pension, staff and office expenses, medical care or health insurance, and Secret Service protection.

450K is just a start
This doesn't accurately reflect the money and gifts they receive from Lobbyists and their constituents over years..

Didn't they vote themselves a raise not too long ago? Also how many representatives total is that 435 something? Man I don't remember.

This just demonstrates that many of them really are out of touch with the average American who do not have "stability" in their jobs or even in their pensions. Because they have guarantees on their salaries and benefits life long.
Thanks Big Louie! This is the heart of the economic problem we face here in the U.S.

I find the 15% capital gains tax when one's income is well over the one million per year mark year after year, absolutely ludicrous.

Originally Posted by BigLouie
+1
Originally Posted by BigLouie
Yes Sir, I agree, is this BS....
You finally found this to cut and paste? Remember that Bill Clinton admits to making over $100 million since leaving the White House when Hillary was running in 2008! There was a time when Presidents didn't make any money after leaving office and they were not expected to "work" after leaving office. That is why Mark Twain almost ruined himself when he published the autobiography of Ulysses S. Grant when he found out that the hero of the Civil War was destitute. Thomas Jefferson had to sell off his library to make ends meet before he died.
You finally found this to cut and paste? Remember that Bill Clinton admits to making over $100 million since leaving the White House when Hillary was running in 2008! There was a time when Presidents didn't make any money after leaving office and they were not expected to "work" after leaving office. That is why Mark Twain almost ruined himself when he published the autobiography of Ulysses S. Grant when he found out that the hero of the Civil War was destitute. Thomas Jefferson had to sell off his library to make ends meet before he died. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
there wasnt quite the system of bribery and favors and winks and corruption back then that we have now, clinton is a master
That should cover about 30 seconds of BO spending.
Did I just see the very first thread we all agree on?
I'm sure that there are a couple of knee jerks out there who are preventing themselves from posting.

The question is...what do we do about it?
I'm sure that there are a couple of knee jerks out there who are preventing themselves from posting.

The question is...what do we do about it? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
OMG...has to be a sign of he apocolypse...I agree with JD

How about....we try to vote all of them out....republicans...democrate s...independants...the whole friggin lot....they all keep letting this go on...the only way to get all of their attention...is to get rid of the bums!!!!!

How about....we try to vote all of them out....republicans...democrate s...independants...the whole friggin lot....they all keep letting this go on...the only way to get all of their attention...is to get rid of the bums!!!!! Originally Posted by Raa1965
Start a thread because I'm all ears. Brother.

How about....we try to vote all of them out....republicans...democrate s...independants...the whole friggin lot....they all keep letting this go on...the only way to get all of their attention...is to get rid of the bums!!!!! Originally Posted by Raa1965

Amen. Get rid of 'em all!!! And the ones that are left should have to play by the same rules as the people they serve. Get the same health care we get, no more sweetheart pensions, and no more rigging the system to stay there indefinitely....if the president get only 8 years...then congressmen shouldn't be allowed more than that either.
You can't blame must of the people from the Tea Party election in 2010. Those 55 men and women have voted against additional spending and ceiling increases. Some of them like Benjamin Chavetz sleep inside their office rather than take a per diem for a house.

Leon Panetta has burned through a million dollars flying back to California every weekend. Nancy Pelosi had a military jet at her disposal and a $700,000 liquor bill for her two years as speaker. Read the book by Peter Schweizer "Throw them all out" for a short list of bad politicians both democrat and republican.

I suppose the bumper sticker philosophy of throw them all out is appealing but even if it started to occur is that how you reward the honorable stewards of this country? The same fate as the criminals. No, you have to find the assholes of both parties and send them packing. You have to be able to tell the difference between corruption and a difference of opinion. Yes, here we go again. Democrats like to cast a wide net to attack the GOP but you must remember all the kind words for Joe Lieberman when he was a democrat. The GOP called him a liberal but an honorable man. He was liberal but he was not, and is not, a crooked SOB.