Do typos bother you?

I read a number of the ads on BP and other places. I notice some horrible spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.

These errors actually turn me off. Does it bother anyone else?
Yes, if they are really bad.... or in "text-script"
If it's simple typos then it doesn't but if they are too ghetto or lack of education then it does.
Amen Burk.
Ditto and ditto. What bothers me more than anything, not just in ads but everywhere, is the misuse of words such as your and you're, et al....Misquoting sayings pisses me off, too. Like "could care less"...it's COULDN'T care less...for Chrissakes lol My fave might be "All of THE sudden" duuuhhhhh

Fuck, don't get me goin' lol Simple typos??? I Couldn't care less!!
LOL SP

My fav is when they start typing LiKe tHiS AnD tHeY ThInK iTs CoOl.
I agree with Burk, typing with really bad grammar, long drawn out sentences and slang (ghetto) terms drive me nuts.

“If u likes what you c u betta call only hear 4 couple days dis is a real deal baby.

Simple typos are not an issue with me. I sometimes post comments using my smart phone. Hell, at my age and with my eyesight, I am lucky if I can see half of the shit I write! There are times I edit a post several times after posting it because I noticed spelling or grammar errors. I try to be more critical of myself then (or is it than) with others! I know that I do not catch a lot of my errors. LOL!

Shit!! I just had to edit this post!!!
good one, Ms E....and there's another one Gator, then and than...(it's than, then) lol
  • sdawg
  • 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM
If someone cannot get their ad right, how can I trust them with other aspects of their business? Poor ad composition shouts of carelessness, and that's not cool.
Simple typos don't bother me.I can figure them out. It's the ghetto slang that sets me off-Its an automatic no. Also the lame four -oh-two seventy seven -ninety eight eighty nine &&>> BS for the phone number. Like that can't be figured out. It's insulting.
  • Netx9
  • 04-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Don't mind typos in a post... Often usi ng fones wit auto erect. Its in adds that bug me... If yoor publicizing a cervix, you should at leezy a pear litter8.
LOL

I love this thread.

Sdawg.....you do realize that I get royalities for that quote correct? And how in the world did you come across that post?

• sdawg
  • 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
LOL

I love this thread.

Sdawg.....you do realize that I get royalities for that quote correct? And how in the world did you come across that post?

Originally Posted by MsElena
Just reading along and there it was. I thought it appropriate--I've been giving Voltaire enough free publicity.
Put me in the minority, I guess. We've all got our issues, and I was always more of a math guy than English anyway, so if a girl doesn't know whether your money will go further or farther, I don't care.

I agree with Ms. E on the BeDaZZleD PrOfiLeS, though. Lame. And I don't need to see rocket ships, hearts, or {{{<<<[[[bracelet designs]]]>>>}}} in your header either. Just give it to me straight so I can decide whether I want to give it to you and we'll be golden.
  • Netx9
  • 04-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Don't forget the trite innuendo...

"cum see me"

or is it in-your-endo?