Search Broken?

Is there something wrong with the search function or have I finally gone 'round the bend and can no longer figure out these new fangled computers.

I searched for "any posts by the user" and used my handle in the User Name: field. Search found my handle and I clicked on the choice. Searched using various sort functions. Also searched in various subsets of the forums.

Basically, it usually finds one fairly recent post, and then it sees nothing for about a year. It says that since the beginning of time, I've had nine posts in Dallas Discussion forum. 900 is more like it. Or more. But if does find old posts back in 2009.

For most purposes, this is but a minor annoyance as I use this particular search pattern to (try to) find a thread that I commented on in the past week or two. But someone should look at this issue if it is not already known. Alternatively, if it is know, will it be fixed? If so, when?
If you didn't do so, expand the date range of your search. Default, I believe, only searches a three month period beginning with the date of your search. Expand the search range to a year or "any date."