Quiet Bar/Brewpub Recommendation

OK. This is multi-part request.

I'll be in N. Dallas early next week for business staying near the Galleria. During my trip, I have to participate in a phone/web conference on Tuesday afternoon. Now, I could sit in my hotel room and sip bottled water while I listen and watch, or I could move my cellphone and laptop to a equally nice, relatively quiet spot (at 1 - 5 Tuesday afternoon). Some worldwide coffee chain might fit the bill, but wouldn't it be nice it if I could sip on a nice dark stout instead of a mochalattechino.

So here are my criteria,

1. Relatively quiet in the afternoon (I'll be using my headphones so I don't interrupt other patrons)

2. Wi-fi is desirable but I can toggle my crackberry if necessary

3. Booth or table where I can setup my laptop (and hopefully plug it in)

If you've read this far thank you very much, and I would appreciate any suggestions! Even if you don't know a suitable place, I'd still like to find a cool place to find a nice dark stout.
no brewpubs in the area (we had several good ones back in the day), but the Flying Saucer Ale Emporium in Addison (very close to the Galleria) has about a hundred delicious beers on tap, and a couple hundred more in the bottle, including many fine stouts. Breweries represented last time I visited were that had great stouts...Rogue (Newport OR), Sierra Nevada (Chico CA), St Arnold (Houston TX), Lagunitas (Petaluma CA), Avery (Boulder CO).

hope this helps.

JPdM

btw... we do have a couple brewpubs... just not in the galleria area. BJ's Brewhouse in Addison is not a real brewpub... they have their beer contract brewed and shipped in. and the covered patio area, and the cozy room are both fairly quiet during those afternoon times ( at Flying Saucer).
no brewpubs in the area (we had several good ones back in the day), but the Flying Saucer Ale Emporium in Addison (very close to the Galleria) has about a hundred delicious beers on tap, and a couple hundred more in the bottle, including many fine stouts. Breweries represented last time I visited were that had great stouts...Rogue (Newport OR), Sierra Nevada (Chico CA), St Arnold (Houston TX), Lagunitas (Petaluma CA), Avery (Boulder CO).

hope this helps.

JPdM Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
same bar, but the one in sundance square fort worth.
Also paddy reds and Houston st. ft worth down town, all have alots beers selection, wifi, etc. Patios upstairs too
The perfect place would be Flying Saucer. They have over like a hundred beers. And I know for fact some of the dark ones that you are wanting. They have couches, tables, and almost like picnic tables. You can set everything that up that you will need. Plus they have great bar food like soft pretzels, chips and dips. It is in Dallas off of Monfort, close to Beltline. They do have places where you can plug your laptop in. During the day its pretty quite. At nite time not so sure though.
  • T-Can
  • 04-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes, Flying Saucer is pure greatness! I go to the one in Sundance Square more than Addison but you should be fine during the day. Most of the waitresses are easy on the eyes and could be a distraction. Food is good, as Tara says - I usually get their garlic chicken pizza.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions! Flying Saucer sounds like it would work just fine.