Droid Phones

• Suzel
  • 02-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Does anyone have one of these? Are they good? What is your favorite type of phone?
I just got a droid, upgrade from a crack-berry. Love the droid, it beats the berry hands down. Way faster on the web, (no problem logging onto here, yahoo,etc.) fits the pages onto the screen, and easier to navigate. I do not know what your using know, but I can highly recommend the droid.
I use both a Droid (I use the Eris, no keyboard) and a Blackberry. The android software is awesome and if you use gmail it is fully integrated. Email is automatic and they have the most "free" aps that are actually useful. Many of the aps that are free with Android cost $$ with Blackberry or iPhone.
I swear on all the boards I've been on, I've seen like 6 threads about Android phones today.

All of them were good reviews.

I love the free apps, I love the gmail and google voice/maps integration. Love love love these phones.
I have a Droid (Motorola) as well as an Iphone. Both are good in there own ways but if you have the option to go with an iphone i definately would. Much more user friendly all together. Way easier to set up email accounts and many more options to use.
Yeah, admittedly droid phones are easier if you use gmail. Their POP mail takes a certain level of computer proficiency to set up. But I spend a LOT of time in NYC and the iPhone is like pretty much useless up there. http://consumerist.com/2009/12/att-c...he-iphone.html

Anywhere outside of NYC and SD, though they don't seem to have those problems.
Good point....yes...if you use Gmail it is quite a bit better. if you get one i would definately go with the Motorola version...much nicer. Good point of it over the iphone is that it's a bit sturdier....always nice when your boss likes to drop his shit everywhere
I am holding out for the new google phone due to come out in a couple of months. It is rumored to be years ahead of the Droid phone.

Another rumor that has been floating around for those of you like me that have Verizon service there is a chance that the iphone will be available to Verizon customers by mid summer.
Ooooh... are you talking about the Nexus phone? I was looking at that today http://www.google.com/phone
I swear on all the boards I've been on, I've seen like 6 threads about Android phones today.

All of them were good reviews.

I love the free apps, I love the gmail and google voice/maps integration. Love love love these phones. Originally Posted by VeronicaMoore
I have one and its great for email and the boards although since its touch screen I constantly am pressing something with my face.

Its rocks though!
I have a Droid (Motorola) as well as an Iphone. Both are good in there own ways but if you have the option to go with an iphone i definately would. Much more user friendly all together. Way easier to set up email accounts and many more options to use. Originally Posted by lunchbox0595
Setting up pop email is pretty much the same. If you allow your main/other email to sync through gmail it is an extra step BUT it is also now push (instant) email, something the iPhone does not offer.

Android also has more free aps that aren't free on iPhone and Blackberry. You dont have to buy your online music from the most expensive store on the net. You can setup the Droid/Android phones to operate any way you like. Seems pretty user friendly.
I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and I love it! Its windows based, quick on the internet, responsive touch screen, tons of apps, and easy to navigate....