Someone is going to bring it up...Alec Baldwin

With all due deference to the woman, Halyna Hutchins, killed and the director wounded we still have to react to the man behind the gun, Alec Baldwin. He has always been a loose cannon, a bully, a thug sometimes, a hypocrite, and he would never allow something like this to happen to someone else without comment. Our turn to comment: what the fuck happened here?

They've had enough time to start getting their stories straight so this is what they've told us;
Alec Baldwin is a producer of this movie called "Rust". That makes him responsible financially for what happens to people on the set.
It is a western which lets us assume that the weapon (which they keep calling a prop gun) was a single action revolver. Which is important because there is no "oops! I forgot the one in the chamber defense."
The bullet was real hence the so-called "prop gun" was actually a real gun and not some blank shooting toy or replica.
We can assume that the cinematographer was behind the camera and Baldwin was shooting towards the camera for effect. That raises many questions; where is the footage? Why would the cinematographer want to stand where any weapon is being pointed? You turn on the camera and stand over to the side where it is safe and you can see it better on playback. If there is no footage, meaning the camera was not recording, then why was Baldwin shooting a weapon whether it had blanks or not?
They are having union problems in California. Was the armorer a union member or someone just filling in? The photos that I found of Hannah Gutierrez don't give me any confidence in her abilities. She likes to pose with guns in front of the camera but does she do a good job behind the camera. According to one report, she placed three guns on a cart. Where was she during this time has not been revealed. An assistant director picked up one of the three weapons and handed it off to Baldwin. Thinking it was not live, the AD announced "cold gun".
First, why was there live ammunition on the set? Second, where was the chain of custody? Someone with knowledge should have been standing over those weapons at all times. Third, was the AD director knowledgeable enough to go about handling weapons? He should not have "picked up" a weapon. The correct one should have been handed to him.
Personal stuff; as a gun person, I would never point a weapon, loaded or not, at someone else unless I intended to end them. Working with stage plays, I would never allow someone to "play" with a weapon on or off stage. An actor would never point a weapon at someone else. The scene would be cheated so that the worst case scenario, the weapon only looks like it is pointed at someone by the audience.

Baldwin has primary responsibility as the person handling the weapon and as a producer (he hires people like armorers). The armorer is next on the list followed by the assistant director. The most important piece of evidence to be discovered... who put the live round in the weapon. Finger prints on the brass or weapon will give a list of suspects. Any tangential camera footage by bystanders or guests and eye witnesses. I cannot image Baldwin giving Kevin Costner, Chris Pratt, or Keanu Reeves any slack for an accident.
sooooooooooo
is he still gonna host SNL for the 32nd time this weekend?
Idiots should not have guns.

Proof positive
Louder with Powder!

had to read up about how prop guns worked.

apparently they can be dangerous under certain conditions.

its dangerous if you're too close to it.

the other part is that while prop gun doesn't fire a bullet, it does however eject some metal debris when fired which can cause an injury.

one wouldn't think prop guns are capable of firing a bullet, they apparently can. prop guns are generally made from different materials which would not be suitable for a real firearm.

there are different types of prop guns depending on production needs.

the strange thing about this shooting is that one shot went thru 2 people. so it looks like a live bullet was put in the chamber.
Watched a report earlier that reported another actor/stagehand? recently had been killed with a prop gun
the other part is that while prop gun doesn't fire a bullet, it does however eject some metal debris when fired which can cause an injury.
... Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That's informative. Thank you. Answers one of my questions about why the gun was pointed at her to begin with. Perhaps it was collateral damage that killed her and injured the other gentleman, rather than a single bullet that penetrated both.

Regardless, I don't need answers to hurt for the loss of life, the injury, and the weight of responsibility that Mr. Baldwin must now bear.
Barley, and everyone...

There were multiple safety violations.
And some of your data is not correct.

Btw, a "prop gun" is a non-working, physically permanently disabled, or imitation thing. Dilbert is partially correct. There are prop guns that are built that are not able to be loaded with an actual cartridge but can be loaded with a flash bang thing.

But, important point, anything provided by the set property master is a "prop" thing. So the terminology in use for this situation may not be correct. Btw, prop dress, prop horse (fake or real) prop tree (fake or real), etc.

As for "blank" rounds, which are frequently used in real guns, so that the cameras record the reality of the kick back when fired, those "blank" rounds have a wad of paper (instead of the bullet) that exits upon firing, and, if someone is close enough, that wad of paper can kill also.

In this case, the "prop" gun was a real gun that was supposed to have a blank round in it.

Again, multiple safety violations, over a half dozen at quick count, perhaps a dozen or more. The key two being, no one checked the chamber as anyone touching a weapon has that responsibility, and also never point any weapon at any person.
  • oeb11
  • 10-23-2021, 01:56 PM
you can bet the movie set has scurried to wipe the weapon and brass, and cover up everything possible
and remain silent when the cops ask questions
Baldwin plans to skate free of responsibility on his own stupidity - But he should never have pointed a weapon at a person and pulled teh trigger.

Dumb - typical DPST liberal cultist

I await the liberal cultists whines - 'It is Trump's Fault"!!!

Buck fiden
From my cold dead hands!

DeFund/ Disarm teh Baldwins!!!!!!!!
This belongs in the political forum ?
  • oeb11
  • 10-23-2021, 02:29 PM
apply to be a moderator, good Sir!
Got his first tear drop! Karmas a bitch.
This belongs in the political forum ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Because he thrust himself into politics. He made this comment about police. Now he knows. Let’s call it MAGA karma.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ll-someone.amp
  • WTF
  • 10-23-2021, 04:48 PM
Because he thrust himself into politics. He made this comment about police. Now he knows. Let’s call it MAGA karma.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ll-someone.amp Originally Posted by bambino
So you are comparing Baldwin killing an innocent person to a police officer killing an innocent person...and you call that karma