Can't believe it's came down to this...No loger Newbie Friendly.

In the 3 years I have been doing this I have never had a problem with Newbies. In fact some of them turned out to be really good repeat clients. However over the last few months I have began to wonder if there is something wrong with the new era of newbies.

At first it was just a few cancels and ncns, big deal it happens. Then it starts happening a few times a week. Today my buttons were pushed, my time was wasted, and my kindness was taken as a sign of weakness.

I was again called and asked to move an appointment up, basically told to rush and get there as fast as I could. I made arrangements and got ready and was their waiting for my client to get there. I waited an entire hour after telling them how to get there turn by turn, what landmarks to pass and what direction to be heading. They basically played me for a fool! Calling out names of streets I've never heard of, switching their story of which way they were headed and yet they said they had GPS.

It wasn't just this appointment it's been several others who have done the same thing and called me once I arrived to cancel after being rushed to get there. Some don't even call, they just don't show up. They all ironically had one thing in common, they were all newbies.

I've never wasted anybody's time and I expect the same respect. If your too scared to go in, don't pick up the phone. Just sit there and look at the computer and dream and wish you could grow some balls like the rest of the guys on here who are legit hobbyist.

I am sorry if any newbies feels offended by this but this is my choice to make. Everybody on this board has a choice on who it is they choose to see. I do have a life outside of the hobby just like everbody else and all I ever expected was respect.

I have a reputation of being sweet and that's how I want to keep my spirits. If it means eliminating the timewasters, hagglers, and those who are into roughness to keep my love for this hobby then that's what I have to do.

-Dylan
Sorry that happened Dylan but good for you for taking a stand.
Sadly, the world is full of idiots, and we have our share in the hobby. It's a shame one of them had to take advantage of your good nature, and ruin it for others.
What an idiot... Anyone that does that to you is just that!! I had an exceptional time with you....

y'all don't know what your missin'
  • bbkid
  • 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Ms. Dylan, sorry to hear that some of the guys have treated you this way. And, thanks for sharing your story - perhaps it will make those idiots realize that you have a life, too!!!
I'm pretty much a newbie - but I have total respect for the providers, and I am not a jerk...unfortunately I think, as my dad used to say, "there are more horses asses than there are horses." And I think the asses are reproducing...
+1
Sorry to hear this. Coming from the male side, I only think ncns is done by the providers. This reminds me it goes both ways. Life is too short to waste it playing games like that. Hope you don't let it affect your sweetness, Dylan!
sorry to hear about this sweetie. I'm sure glad i got to see you this morning though before your no newbie policy.
sorry that happened to you Dylan..........
Sadly, the world is full of idiots, Originally Posted by blowpop

Such a true statement........ sorry to hear bad things happen to great gals.......

JaD
Freedom is great isn't it? You are free to choose who to see and not see. I really like that you have taken a stand.

I feel bad for your day, but it happens to the hobbyist too, probably not as often.
Fucking newbies! No, wait. I am a newbie. Sorry that happened to you Dylan. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.
It's unfortunate that you've had a string of bad newbie experiences lately, and their ignorance of common courtesy doesn't excuse them. I'm sure they're missing out on a total sweetheart
While I make NO excuses for the poor conduct for anyone Newbie or Vet, this works both ways. I have been visiting here in Houston for the last week. I selected 10 providers I thought I would give a try. I only heard back from two. I sent PM's and left messages. Now I understand people get busy, but these days who doesn't check their messages both phone & email for a week? A simple... I'm unavailable, I just had my wisdom teeth out, I'm sick or perhaps "the circus is in town" would be really nice. Well thanks Mandy & Alexis! Alexis thank you for last night and Mandy I'll thank you early this next week

Its wrong to jerk off providers and also us loyal full time hobbyists!

BTW: You want answers, I think I'm entitled, You want answers, I want the truth, you can't handle the truth!