Question about verification pics

Lately I've seen quite a few providers asking for a face picture for verification. My question to you guys is have you done this and with what providers. Sometimes I feel like this is a setup for someone to scam or rob you and try to use your picture as blackmail so I'm wondering which providers who ask for a face Pic are legit...
I had Sasha Ann request one, she had me mimic a hand jester that she had did in a photo she had previously sent me.
She was legit.
I had another gal ask for one once, I guess to see if I was too scary or of the wrong race, I never knew.
It went alright.
If you're talking about the seemingly tgtbt ad from "Ray", I've had the same hesitation.

My guess, and this is just a guess, is that the ladies who ask for photos are trying to avoid meeting someone at the door who they know from outside the hobby. That could get very awkward.
It's become more and more common. I used to be apprehensive about it. When the wife and I both saw girls, she didn't want to do that at all.
I personally don't think it has a lot to do with meeting people they know. Probably had more to do with making sure the person is somewhat groomed ok and they are real.
Since the wife knows, I dont have a problem sending out a face pic.