PM Search Feature/Folders

I have wondered for ages, why these are not features.

I would love it if there was a "search" feature for any user's PM box. Many times I need to go back and find a specific pm and it would be SO much easier if I could search for it using the handle's name, etc, it was from.

The second thing I would love to see is an easier way to create folders in your PM box. Much more like any other email platform.

Not sure if Vbulletin just doesn't have these capabilities or not, but it would be great if these features could be added!!!!
I have wondered for ages, why these are not features.

I would love it if there was a "search" feature for any user's PM box. Many times I need to go back and find a specific pm and it would be SO much easier if I could search for it using the handle's name, etc, it was from.

The second thing I would love to see is an easier way to create folders in your PM box. Much more like any other email platform.

Not sure if Vbulletin just doesn't have these capabilities or not, but it would be great if these features could be added!!!! Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Ask admin about emails.Thanks for making topic
  • Mokoa
  • 09-10-2016, 07:35 PM
At the bottom of the page that lists your PM's, there is a section called Display Options. In this section you can filter PM's using a set of criteria, including the handle of the sender. Just fill in the items you wish to use and then hit the Filter button.
Thank you! Totally never noticed it before. I also got my folders sorted out.

However, I did try and use it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I searched for some messages from a particular handle that I double checked to make sure were in my mailbox, and the search still came up with "no results". I tried this about 4 or 5 different times.

Not sure why it seems to not be working.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Are the PM's you are looking for in the folder you are viewing at the time you apply your filter? The filtering only affects the folder you are viewing. PM's that meet the criteria in your filter will only appear if they are also in the folder you are viewing.
Yup! I figured that's how it works. I even made sure I had the correct date ranges. I will try again and see if I can figure it out!