A group of middle-aged whites in the U.S. is dying at a startling rate

• DSK
  • 11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Where is that "white privilege" when you need it!!!

A group of middle-aged whites in the U.S. is dying at a startling rate

A large segment of white middle-aged Americans has suffered a startling rise in its death rate since 1999, reversing decades of progress, according to a new review of statistics published Monday.

The mortality rate for white men and women between the ages of 45 and 54 with less than a college education increased by half a percent per year between 1999 and 2013, most likely because of problems with legal and illegal drugs, alcohol and suicide, according to the study released in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Before then, death rates for that group were dropping at an average of 2 percent a year.

The rising death rate was accompanied by a parallel increase in the rate of illness, the authors wrote.

[There’s a high suicide rate among elderly white men]

“Drugs and alcohol, and suicide . . . are clearly the proximate cause,” said Angus Deaton, the 2015 Nobel laureate in economics, who co-authored the paper with his wife, Anne Case. Both are economics professors at Princeton University.

“Half a million people are dead who should not be dead,” he added. “About 40 times the Ebola stats. You’re getting up there with HIV-AIDS.”

Since at least 1970, Americans and residents of other wealthy countries have generally enjoyed longer and healthier lives, as smoking has declined, better treatments have been developed and preventive measures have had an impact on mortality.

[2001 Paxil study seems to down play suicide risks in youths]

But these bleak findings could have far-reaching implications as the surviving members of this sizable segment of the Baby Boom continue toward retirement and eligibility for Medicare, according to experts. A sicker population that has been less able to prepare for the costs associated with old age will place an increasing burden on society and federal programs, they said.

“This is the first indicator that the plane has crashed,” said Jonathan Skinner, a professor of economics at Dartmouth College, who reviewed the study and co-authored a commentary that appears with it. “I don’t know what’s going on, but the plane has definitely crashed.”

for the rest of the story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...2a7_story.html
What's your point, JL?
JL, when are you defecting to Israel again?
Trump supporters?
Trump supporters? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Especially the "Trump supporters" with no teeth.
Regular doctors visits and listening to what your body is telling you will contribute to a longer life than being oblivious to the fact that we are human and subject to fatal issues if not detected early.
Yawwwnnnn!

What about old white hate mongers who welsh on their bets?

Maybe you could shed some light on that JL.
  • DSK
  • 11-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Regular doctors visits and listening to what your body is telling you will contribute to a longer life than being oblivious to the fact that we are human and subject to fatal issues if not detected early. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
No doubt about that but the larger issue at play here is that these men are depressed, in my opinion, about what a wreck their lives have become, so they turn to drinking alcohol and taking [prohibited topics].
Regular doctors visits and listening to what your body is telling you will contribute to a longer life than being oblivious to the fact that we are human and subject to fatal issues if not detected early. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Saw my doc today for my annual physical. Turns out I'm healthy enough for sex, and Lyrica is not right for me. As the exam went on, she noted that she has to report to the Federal Government certain findings, and get approval from the government to prescribe prescription strength Vitamin D. Not my private, non-Obamacare insurance company, but the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! She said the Feds have so many new regulations she is considering leaving medicine. I know two other people in the medical industry as well. One is a clinical instructor at a med school, and the other works in rehab. They both say that the number of regulations from the government are making it very difficult to give their patients the personal attention, and specific treatments they need. Neither would go into medicine again, knowing what they know now.

The government is destroying the best health care system in the world. It wasn't perfect before Obama, and it desperately needed reform, but putting bureaucrats in charge of who can look at my feet isn't part of improving the system. Yes, the government mandates that only doctors, not PAs, not nurses, but only doctors can poke my feet with fishing line to find out if I can feel it. Seriously? Oh, and I have no neuropathy, by the way. Thanks for asking.

This is insane.
  • DSK
  • 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Saw my doc today for my annual physical. Turns out I'm healthy enough for sex, and Lyrica is not right for me. As the exam went on, she noted that she has to report to the Federal Government certain findings, and get approval from the government to prescribe prescription strength Vitamin D. Not my private, non-Obamacare insurance company, but the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! She said the Feds have so many new regulations she is considering leaving medicine. I know two other people in the medical industry as well. One is a clinical instructor at a med school, and the other works in rehab. They both say that the number of regulations from the government are making it very difficult to give their patients the personal attention, and specific treatments they need. Neither would go into medicine again, knowing what they know now.

The government is destroying the best health care system in the world. It wasn't perfect before Obama, and it desperately needed reform, but putting bureaucrats in charge of who can look at my feet isn't part of improving the system. Yes, the government mandates that only doctors, not PAs, not nurses, but only doctors can poke my feet with fishing line to find out if I can feel it. Seriously? Oh, and I have no neuropathy, by the way. Thanks for asking.

This is insane. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Sounds like in addition to the insanity it is an assault on Doctor-Patient privilege.
  • DSK
  • 11-05-2015, 07:25 PM
This might be a reason why white guys hate their life inAmerica:

Some pissy little bitch black guy had to prepay, and some whites didn't. My god, just leave the restaurant, give them a bad write up on Yelp, and get on with your life.

I have met lots of great customers who are black. I don't turn anyone down, even faggots, if they want a cake. But I reserve the right to tell them to fuck off if I want. If you disagree, fine, but don't tell me what a fucking free country this is, either.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-coun...estigator.html
Do you serve urinal cakes, JL?
because of discrimination black people dont see the doctor as often
because of discrimination black people dont see the doctor as often Originally Posted by The Black Tornado
Hopefully you will have a chance to vote for a Black doctor, and hopefully he will change that situation ...

.... if they vote for him also.
Hopefully you will have a chance to vote for a Black doctor, and hopefully he will change that situation ...

.... if they vote for him also. Originally Posted by LexusLover
He is an Uncle Tom so I will not be matriculating for him