1099 oh ya talk dirty

so any long term providers interested in a 1099 position ? This will involve providing or outsourcing services.
What type of business do you own? What type of work is it?

Not sure I would want to be employed plus be obligated to provide my services as well. I'm not even sure what type of "service" you mean but I figured you're talking about "playing". If its clerical or office work that's right up my alley. I'm organized, focused and I can type fast as hell lol. Plus I'm good with computers.

But I was just curious since I haven't heard of this before I looked it up.. Thank god for google.. I thought it was a new sex position I haven't heard of lol :P

Here's a link for those who might not know what a 1099 position is:
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/1099-job-10771.html
  • L.A.
  • 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Sounds like a great idea...what could possibly go wrong?
Independent Contractor that works in the office......

The independent contractor would be responsible for the taxes, for duties performed...

I work for myself in construction land, and get 1099's all the time from several customers... No big deal if you are paying taxes.
Win-win. He gets a business deduction - she gets a means to prove an income for car loans, renting a place etc.

Yep - a real train wreck potential getting to know each other that well, but a novel idea. If I was a business owner it would be tempting.
Win-win. He gets a business deduction - she gets a means to prove an income for car loans, rent etc. Originally Posted by mtabsw
This might work fine if the provider knows upfront that she is going to have to pay income taxes on the 1099 reported income. Let's say the business owner pays her $7,200 for the year (2 sessions per month at $300 each; math is the same for additional sessions).

The income tax becomes a bit murky here. Assuming the provider is at a 25% tax bracket (due to other outside income) she will need to pay the IRS $1,800. However, if this is all of her declared income and she has kids Earned Income Credit may kick in. I am not a tax expert so my point is that there may be positive and negative consequences.

I do think that some (maybe most?) providers live in the invisible economy of cash and debit cards. This approach would allow them to build up an income / credit history. The business owner would be required to show that the expense was a legitimate business expense but that is easily overcome.

Also, the business owner knows that any protection of anonymity is foregone with this approach. Any partners / SO / banking / lending may be visible with this approach.
Exactly ... What could possibly go wrong?

I know there are several ladies that could handle this arrangement without fail. But I tend to believe all work related relationships should be conducted with one's trousers zipped up. If the OP has a particular lady in mind, it might be best to approach her/them privately.
The average provider having a lump sum of cash on hand to pay
taxes to the government at tax time ...Hmmmm.

The only way I think it would work is if it were carefully balanced out
where she owed very little or nothing, but then you have all the other
two party responsibilities involved.

Yeah a few things could go wrong. Like the falling out with each other factor.
Some of us already have the common sense to pay taxes on our cash income. The IRS is no joke ladies... if you are buying vehicles and other expensive, trackable goods.. eventually the government is going to notice.
Exactly Grace.

Just because it is a cash business it doesnt mean you can avoid taxes. Tax evasion is no joke at all. File your taxes, you dont need someone to provide you a 1099. Tax returns do a better job of proving your income to a bank or car loan company than a 1099 anyways.
The 1099'er lady is also going to have to give up all her real-life info. Name, address, SSN, at minimum.
The 1099'er lady is also going to have to give up all her real-life info. Name, address, SSN, at minimum. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

The Smart ones have a business, that can handle that...

I have met a few strippers that have pulled this off too.

Underwater basket weaving associates.... LLC.

A name to a business, it really does not mater, all uncle Sam wants is his cut.
Some of the greatest criminals in history were brought down by the IRS, simply because they didn't pay their taxes.

1099 is a great thing, but I don't know if I'd want someone in this world having that kind of personal information on me.
My wife used to be an IRS agent. All cash is no guard against the IRS. If they decide to check you out, they will go to extremes if you get them interested. They will sit outside your place to see what kind of car you drive. What kind of clothes you wear. Check for bank records, How you pay the rent? ETC. If you have no reported income or not enough to support your lifestyle, they will do an audit. And, the guy who reported you to the IRS gets a cut of whatever they recover from you.
so what happens when the deal goes south and there are 'feelings' or even better yet 'ill feelings' one anonymous call to the irs, and the shit hits the fan.

no thanks