Is canceling 2 minutes before an appointment just as bad as a NCNS?

Wednesday I had a client cancel at 2:58pm for his 3pm appointment …

From his text I could gather that he never even left his office, so it is not as if he was a few minutes from my location and then got called to work for something and had to turn around.

He had not even left for the appointment at 2:58 pm so no way in hell was he going to make it on time no matter what. At a minimum when he had not left his office 30 minutes before the appointment time, he should of texted me and let me know he was held up. He essentially took up 4-5 hours of my day because of the block of time that was set aside for him.

In my eyes, canceling 2 minutes before the appointment is just as bad a NCNS …. I have gotten myself all ready for you, set this time aside for you, denied other appointments for 2 hours before and 2 hours after him so I don’t stack clients back to back and finally there is no way in hell I will be able to find a replacement in 2 minutes so to me, that’s just as bad a NCNS.
No one cares...
Yes. He's a timewaster.
No one cares... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
You do, you clicked on it.

Constantly following someone around who you loathe so much only shows how deeply pathetic you are and how much you thrive on drama.

It's rather ironic that this board is full of pussy, yet the biggest pussy on the board is a male.
I agree with Miss Seeking P. I had a guy show up to my incall to my two days ago and walked out saying he left his wallet then called me saying he couldn't do it cause he purposed to some girl.. He was pretty young.
Its not just as bad at all. But still bad. The occasions I get NC/NS (the world record by far goes to Asian Trish for me) its worse because maybe the appointment is at 7pm. And you think there will be a knock on the door anytime. Then its 7:30 and finally give into the urge to call or text. You know they see the call or text, And don't hear back. At 7:45 its very obvious you have a NC/NS in progress. At least, when someone cancels 2 minutes till. Its done, its over. So a call or text to cancel even at the last minute is still much better than a NC/NS. Of course too many NC or too many last minute cancellations should affect willingness to try again for both sides.

But it does seem to be something that is going to happen every now and then in this hobby. So best to just roll with it. I think an NC/NS should be fixed asap so that the bad feeling doesn't linger. The guy should offer an additional fee for the last minute cancellation. The gal should offer an upgraded session to make up for their NCNS. Or the two probably never try again.
It is a NC/NS period. No doubt about it!!!
I had a provider cancel on me last minute before - but it was for a pretty good reason and I would say she more than made it up to me later.

Brooke - if this is a new guy, it might be just a flaky douche. If you know him and this is the first time, it'd be nice to give him another chance. If he does it again, then screw 'em - not worth your time.
It is a NC/NS period. No doubt about it!!! Originally Posted by bustyamy
No, it is not a NCNS. NC = No call. He called and cancelled. It may suck that he did it so close to the time of the appointment but it is better that he called and let her know that he wasn't going to make it.

Do ladies really want guys to not call and cancel if it's close to a meeting time? Do you really want to sit around hoping he shows up? Things happen like meetings at work that cause guys to not be able to get away and the thing that everyone always says is "well at least do her the courtesy of calling or texting to let the lady know." Now, ladies are saying don't bother calling?

Well, from a guy's perspective, I would want the lady to call and tell me she can't make it.
Barring extraordinary circumstances, yes.
Guess I'm not on ignore anymore...or ever was...
:
I agree with Miss Seeking P. I had a guy show up to my incall to my two days ago and walked out saying he left his wallet then called me saying he couldn't do it cause he purposed to some girl.. He was pretty young. Originally Posted by Champagne Brown
Some guys make up lame stories when they see the provider and realize they need to walk away.
Sometimes things do pop up at the last minute. he probably didnt want to call earlier because he probably figured he would of finished things up just in time to only be a few minutes late
:

Some guys make up lame stories when they see the provider and realize they need to walk away. Originally Posted by KinkLover
Well he was a newbie
I agreed with SH713. It goes both ways. Things happen at least he called.

Not to long ago I scheduled an appointment with a lady by Hobby. I work in the Galleria area. After exchanging text, I was extremely excited to meet her (newbie nerves). Just as I exited I45, she called had to cancel 'errands' she said. She said she would make it up to me. We scheduled for the next day and it was my turn to flake. Again we had a time, but a couple hours (2-3) before our appointment I knew I couldn't make it. Late meeting and deliverables due for work. I rescheduled. I am sure she lost some time because of me. Finally, third time it worked out. I had a good time. Hopefully she did also. It can go either way. But I think notice is way better then no notice.