Certified mail from police department

I came home today and habe a notice i have a certified letter from the police.

I havent witnessed a crime. Habent been in a sreck or anythung to be sued. Have no cases, no unpaid tickets, no property that may jabe been recovered.

Anyine habe a clue what all this letter could be. Im terrified.
Go and get it. Let us know what it says.
I doubt the PD is going to conduct an investigation of any kind via certified mail. Could be nothing. Maybe a gimmick.
Post office is still open.
I cant till saturday. I work all day. i sure hope ur right cuz i cant see the police sending a certified letter to day hello. I domt even live in that county so it really scares me.
Do you drive a previously owned car? Perhaps you have unpaid red light camera tickets that you never received. I doubt you're in any kind of real trouble. They wouldn't mess around with that. They would come knocking on your door. I think you'll be fine.
No but i do have a car u sold to a salvage yard about 5 years ago that i never removed the plates? That was the only possibke thing.

I have no tickets, no warrants.. i checked. I was in a minooor fender bender 1 year ago. Didnt even dent his bumper and i had full coverage. And i was hit by a semi in a different county and hus insurance paid.

Have never had property in that county. Never received a red light ticket although i could get one if thats how they send them. I had a public intox about 8 months ago i looked uo and it says im in good standing deffered.

Was just hoping a provider wasnt busted and my car on camera or being investigated for downloads of a movie back in the day or something
Well ill let yall knkw saturday but im still nervous. I hate dealimg with the police lol.
I did a google search. Seems most certified mail from PD was for property return from impounded vehicles or similar. May have something to do with the car you sold to a salvage yard. Ever reported anything stolen?
'ShysterJon' is an attorney and might shed some light here.
You might want to ask him.
Nope nothing stolen in the last 15 years. Not reported anyways. Vehicle i sold had damn near 200,000 miles on it. And its been years. I guess i just have to wait. I was jumped ablout 8 years ago and gave plates whuch police said came back with nothing. Really not much police involvement. And i sure cant imagine they have any property of mine. I signed title over.

Ill post once i find out. Maybe it will save someone the worry i have. At least i hope. I would sure think if it was serious id get a visit not a letter.
I had a similar letter from FTW PD a couple years back, it was evidence/property return. They busted someone who had my Winstar players card in their possession. No clue when or where I lost it, assumed in a one arm bandit, still kind of clueless about the details. I foolishly burned a vacay day and had a bondsman on speed dial all for a virtually worthless piece of plastic
Maybe you're being notified one of your providers got busted, and on intake named you as:

1. The father of her baby
2. Her dealer
3. Source of her AIDS
4. Guy who gave her the stolen car she was driving

Sweet dreams
Maybe you're being notified one of your providers got busted, and on intake named you as:

1. The father of her baby
2. Her dealer
3. Source of her AIDS
4. Guy who gave her the stolen car she was driving

Sweet dreams Originally Posted by mtabsw

You must speak from experience.
i friend of mine sold a car cash and the buyer never registered the vehicle. It was used in a crime and abandoned. The police told him he could have his van back!
Trust me when I say if you are wanted for anything, the Police will not going to give you an advance warning by sending you a certified letter. They will be at your door already.

They must have found something that belongs to you.

That's the only time they use certified mail is for property return.

Also camera tickets are usually send out by a 3rd party company that manage the cameras for the city the cameras are located in and not send out by certified mail.

You will get it in regular mail and open it and see immediately is a camera ticket.
It's a chain letter
Or a warning for texting while driving.