Reminder: Do Not Call List

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.

You can add your cell phone number to the national do-not-call registry, but the bit about telemarketers getting cell numbers is an urban legend, according to Snopes.com and several other sites I googled . . .
I've actually been getting those types of cold calls on my personal cell. Could be someone sold their Telephone number list.
I've tried this do not call list before. within 1 month after your register your number, you are supposed to stop getting calls. however, this is a crock of sh*t because it has never worked. it's a trick used to get please to throw out the numbers. good trick i'd say, fell for it once, but never again!

no offense meant to anyone is meant
I did this after reading the OP's post. What I got was a text saying if I "reply Y" then I'll only be charged $9.99 per month. I'm sure it's set up to appear on your cell phone bill.

TO THE OP: NO THANKS TO YOU, I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO CONTACT MY CELL PROVIDER AND STOP CHARGES.
I did this after reading the OP's post. What I got was a text saying if I "reply Y" then I'll only be charged $9.99 per month. I'm sure it's set up to appear on your cell phone bill.

TO THE OP: NO THANKS TO YOU, I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO CONTACT MY CELL PROVIDER AND STOP CHARGES. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
That sucks...who is your carrier? I have 3 phones personally (different carriers), and those don't include the other three that are on a family plan ...one is a land line....all three have been activated on the service without receiving texts indicating I would be billed. I signed my land line up several years ago and I have NEVER been charged for it. Anyone else get that message? If not, wonder what is so special about your line that they would charge it for this service?

Sorry hon...hope ya know I wouldn't suggest something of this nature if I thought it was gonna cause an issue, I know lots of folks who are signed up, and have signed their cells recently and this is the first I've heard of this.....hmmmmm
That sucks...who is your carrier? I have 3 phones personally (different carriers), and those don't include the other three that are on a family plan ...one is a land line....all three have been activated on the service without receiving texts indicating I would be billed. I signed my land line up several years ago and I have NEVER been charged for it. Anyone else get that message? If not, wonder what is so special about your line that they would charge it for this service?

Sorry hon...hope ya know I wouldn't suggest something of this nature if I thought it was gonna cause an issue, I know lots of folks who are signed up, and have signed their cells recently and this is the first I've heard of this.....hmmmmm Originally Posted by M A X
I dialed the 888 number in your OP. I then received the following text:
Reply Y now for info on the # you are trying to reach. Locator Svc $9.99/month Msg&data rates may apply for 20 lookups/month. Support/Terms? www.smsvw.com
Generally, when this kind of things happens, there are recurring charges to the phone bill which are harder than FUCK to get off.

I did the Do Not Call Registry when it first came out. Now, I find out they have made my registration permanent: https://www.donotcall.gov/. My advice to all is to go to this website and register there.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I received a couple of calls within the last two weeks that were obviously cold sales calls. You could hear other people talking and other phones ringing, obviously a boiler room. The weird part was that the number that appeared on my phone was a 5 digit number.
The original post of this thread is SO NOT TRUE!!!

This is from an email that has been passed around for the past few years.

Please people, don't panic, and don't worry. If you're getting telemarketing calls on your cell it's because some operation sold their list.

Please carefully and closely read this article dated July 22, 2010 as well as the link embedded in the article to the Federal Trade Commission's website:

http://www.bbb.org/us/article/your-c...g-public-21014
I've never had trouble removing fraudulent charges to my bill. I have a widely used provider, and I just call and tell them I didn't consent to the charge. They remove it and block further charges from that "service".

Also I've dialed this number before and never had a text or charge on my bill.
People, get real! Check out this link :
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

abdclub