PRIVATE

click PRIVATE
[Private] text here [Private]missing a / in the 2nd set for all to see

In ROS of reviews way to much is being said in reply's that should be in private but are not.

Been this way to long now. Are mods seem to be busy with real life. And as one review has national attention now. We are being watched.

Please help the mods out. If from ROS, please use private
If reply to a private, that should be in private also.
This also helps us, the guys.

I have been guilty a few times. But others seem to never use the private.

I have made private notes in a post at times here in the past where I made it show up anyways. I wanted it to stand out, but let her see it. errrr what can I say. I'm a ass postwhore LOL

thank you for your support
carry on

PS
If this makes my popcorn stock go down.
then this thread will

again thanks for your support
  • Tiger
  • 01-09-2013, 05:44 PM

So... you just put your thoughts between your privates.
it just cuts out the middleman..eerrrr WK's

and why not , the hooks that purchased pa dont get great value

the double handles,, time spent for nottin

the leak sites

etc,etc,etc
Which review has national attention?
errrr the one that has mods posting in it from Upset NY and Texas, LOL

tiger funny LOL

JB,
at least it makes them use the 2nd handles, WK's, etc, etc etc
let em work for it LOL
Thanks, osd.

Somewhere... there is a "Sticky" about this that explains it really well. I've searched to no avail.

But to reinforce osd's point, the biggest problem is the missing "/" just before the last [PRIVATE] that closes the words you want to make private.

I think the main reason this happens is because people do not know about the "PRIVATE" button that appears in the Toolbar at the top of the box where you type your post. They just type in the words and symbols themselves. This will work, but only if you get it exactly right. If you miss the "/" it will all be in the open.

Someone more computer literate like GP could maybe post something with some screenshots that would make this clearer.....
you can also type what ya want. highlight the text that needs to be in private.

Then hit the PRIVATE, then submit the post.
In one review I quoted a out of state mod. he should have used private.
So I'm just as guilty as I did not put my quote in private.
mmmmmm But that threat review is such a mess. its full of ops

Yet it is in many of are reviews that folks are not even trying to use the private
mmmm not good
Just a point to add......if you use the "Quick Reply" feature instead of the regular "Reply" button you don't have the option of posting a private message. Maybe some people are using the Quick Reply and don't know how to make something private.

Also if you are using the mobile version of the website it doesn't look like there is the option to make a post private.

this is a Post Quick Reply

and it has a private note, ckick the word PRIVATE.

mmmmm you don't see it, dang could this be like "delete". now that would be a bummer.

edit
right now I have delete after hitting edit. But delete is not always there
I post Private thru Quick Reply often. If there is something that needs to go private when I am on the phone I just wait to post it.
In mods' defense, I was rebuked for this last week. But only rebuked, I wasnt really sure when/how to use the private function. I don't know still, I'm sure it's not too difficult, I just haven't had reason to yet.

Quick Reply some tools on the top of it
remove text formatting
bold
Italic
underline
color
insert link
insert image
wrap in quote
and
PRIVATE

try them out, its just a click
If you do not see the tools, let us know

errrr if I was not lazy I would use "remove text formatting" to make that come out right LOL
you can also type what ya want. highlight the text that needs to be in private.

Then hit the PRIVATE, then submit the post. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
I did not know that! Very cool!