When is logging in not logging in?

This happens a lot. I'll log in, get the "thanks for loggin in" redirect box and then Poof! I get the "you are showing as guest, please sign-in message. What's the fix?
Are you clicking the remember me box at login? Are you using a private browsing mode? Both of those have caused that to happen.

Also, clear you cookies and cache before you try again.

That should fix you up.
Click "remember me" that will eliminate the issue.
FYI, y'all

Just checking the remember box didn't do it. Dumping the browser history and checking the box seems to work. Thank you for the tip.
"Remember Me" will leave a cookie-type piece of data on the computer that can be captured and read.
Now I find that I can skip clearing the browser history, not check the Remember Me box, log in and get Thanks for Loggin In message. Then when redirected and see that I am not apparently logged in I hit the refresh button. Bingo! I am, after all, loged in.

About this Remeber Me cookie, won't it get deleted when I clear my browser history? I do that at least every day.
"Remember Me" should be deleted when you clear the history. Just remember to do it manually. And run CCleaner fairly often.
You will be fine.
This happens a lot. I'll log in, get the "thanks for loggin in" redirect box and then Poof! I get the "you are showing as guest, please sign-in message. What's the fix? Originally Posted by Baden Powell
I get a similar problem when I try to use a proxy server. Some other boards don't have this problem. Given the content, perhaps the managers of the board can look at a log in protocol that is usable with proxy servers.

Does any one have suggestions as to a proxy server that works for logging in on this site? I use www.webtosurf.com for other sites without issue.
I use Firefox and a lot of the privacy/plug-ins set very strictly.
I have never had a problem with Signing in.

Might try re-setting all your privacy settings again.