it works with quote also
you going to quote a post but want the quote in the quote to show

copy the quote
quote the post
paste the 1st quote in the 2nd
highlight the 1st
hit quote
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
you can also type what ya want. highlight the text that needs to be in private.

Then hit the PRIVATE, then submit the post.

I did not know that! Very cool!

Originally Posted by rooster
tada

edit: to quote this keeping all quote you use extra sessions or tabs
In mods' defense, I was rebuked for this last week. But only rebuked, I wasnt really sure when/how to use the private function. I don't know still, I'm sure it's not too difficult, I just haven't had reason to yet. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Johnnycap, it is easy to figure out when to use private. If you can see that it is in private tags, then any mention of info in the private tags must be in private tags also. And, if it is in the ROS section of a review, it must be in private tags if referenced.

You have to pay attention. I screwed up once in a review here yesterday. The info was not any big deal, no problem to anyone. BUT, it does not matter. Private info has to stay private, no matter how inconsequential you think it is.

Hope this helped.
Yeah, what he said.

{superdupersecret}Some of us just stick with the tried an true methods of communications.{/superdupersecret}
  • GP
  • 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the confidence rooster, but I think I will pass and leave it to the more qualified people.

I honestly think 99.9% of the time someone leaks ROS details, they are doing it inadvertently.

Or if you really want to mess with people, use the [MOD] tags. Now don't go getting any ideas OSD.
  • Tiger
  • 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Yeah, what he said.

{superdupersecret}Some of us just stick with the tried an true methods of communications.{/superdupersecret} Originally Posted by pyramider
[TAINT] pyramider - I thought this was how you kept all your communication secret. [/TAINT]
[superdupertaintsecret]Let's not let the untainted in on these secret correspondences.[/superdupertaintsecret]

I honestly think 99.9% of the time someone leaks ROS details, they are doing it inadvertently.

Originally Posted by GP
Agreed! There was a "new" way I saw this happen just a few minutes ago, so I came to post about it. In another thread, a member quoted his own review. He quoted the whole review and put it in a post, not just part of it. And.... the ENTIRE review, including the ROS detail was then public.

It doesn't seem like that should be able to happen. But it does. I verified it with a test post.

I'm going to report this to Site Admin and see if there is some small chance this can be adjusted. But in the mean time, the best protection against this type of thing is to check your posts carefully after you make them. Anything you marked "Private" should show inside a "box" and it should have the word "Private:" just above the box in small font.
Since we haven't come up with an "official" set of instructions on how to do this kind of stuff (and since I can't find the one I know is out there), I have made this thread..... wait for it.... can ya' believe it?....... a "STICKY"....... so that everyone can easily find it for awhile.

Man, the "FINAL DAYS" are near!! Sell your Krugerrands, people. When OSD has a thread that is actually singled out by the Mods to use as assistance for the rest of the membership, the mushroom clouds can't be far behind.

You are all gonna regret real soon that our King-of-the-Photo-Op Governor will outlaw high-cap rifle magazines - it takes a LOT of bullets to stop the Zombies.
}dumbfuck{ we should always do what were most comfortable with to stay safe }dumbfuck{

thats how I do it
errrr I feel all sticky and dirty now, why??????????
  • GP
  • 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Go get your pressure washer!
well said