Fearing's in Dallas

Has anyone been there? I'm thinking of going there with a gentleman friend. The menu looks fabulous!
Oh yeah! You won't be disappointed.
Looks like a great restaurant. Enjoy yourself!

Evidently I was kept in the dark about this place. Yea, I'm pointing fingers and they know who they are.
Very good. Plus, hip and fun. Only criticism is that most entrees, appetizers, the fresh breads, awesome desserts, etc. make for quite a heavy meal. Hard to eat light there. Plenty of carbs and fried offerings. You can eat new southwestern much lighter at Stephan Pyles with as good of quality or higher. But, the new Ritz is much more of a hotspot for the see and be scene crowd.
Yes, yes yes yes! Amazing food, very helpful service, and the first time my date and I went, Dean Fearing himself came out to check that everything was to our liking. I may or may not have a chef crush on him, so how impressed you personally are with that may vary.

Be careful about your timing, though -- it's PACKED when there's a function hosted at the RC.
Looks like a great restaurant. Enjoy yourself!

Evidently I was kept in the dark about this place. Yea, I'm pointing fingers and they know who they are. Originally Posted by Ansley
Shame on them lol
Very good food. I think it's better than Stephen Pyle's and take issue that you can't eat light, not that I'm very much for eating light. But there is usually a tuna tartare appetizer that you could pair with a fish entre that seem pretty light by my standards. Wine list is fair to good, albeit a tad pricey. Dean is usually there, though not always in the kitchen full time. But probably a third of the time he will drop by the table and check on your dinner. Of the three dining rooms, I much prefer the main dining room with the kitchen in it. It's certainly worth trying. Don't plan on having a drink before dinner unless you come on a very dull weeknight. The bar is a mad house and should be separated from the restaurant.
Thanks for the input. Looks like it's Fearing's tomorrow night. I can hardly wait. I'm always on the look out for new dining experiences, so I'm sure I'll be posting again for suggestions.
A visit to Fearing's is a fine experience. I agree with everything Carrie Hillcrest and TexTushHog said.

For Dallas visitors who may not know this, Dean Fearing was for many years the creative force behind the famous Mansion on Turtle Creek restaurant.
I guess it takes all kinds of places.

I never was much of a fan of The Mansion food. Too artsy fartsy and less substance. But Fearing's does have a bit better "real food" substance, even though "presentation" is still an important aspect.

Fearing does come around most of the time...which is a nice touch. I disagree with the "bar scene" aspect. While it is fairly full, unless you're some kind of wallflower, it is no problem getting libations. But don't just stop at the bar, there is an outside area "bar" also, that is quite scenic.

These kind of places can sometimes be intimidating to a lot of women because there is a lot of eye candy walking around. But hey, this is Dallas, Texas and that's just a part of the package. Cost is a bit pricey, but if you're going there, you're not really worrying about a little change falling off the table. A Jackson to the valet (as you arrive) will keep your car up close, so you don't have to wait long to leave...and even without reservations, a Franklin to the matre' d will get you a table in pretty short order except on the worst of nights.
Just goes to show that we all like different things. My experiences are the opposite of Rudyard K. I think the restaurant is excellent and the bar scene is a zoo. I don't doubt that you can get a drink, but it's so loud and crowded, who would want to drink there.
who would want to drink there. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
How strange!? I'm guess the answer is "all those people there". It is "all those people there" who make up the crowd that you complaining about.

But I keep forgetting. Most of us live in Texas. And you have already expressed that you can't wait to get away from us and move to France. So, I guess it just makes sense that you don't want to bump elbows with us in the bar.

Ok, I'll agree with you TTH. My new recomendation is...All the folks that don't like to be around us Texas folks need to stay in the restaurant, and slip out after you're done. But if you happen to enjoy us...Welcome, Come on in!!.
Yogi Berra on why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
I thought it was, "Nobody goes there any more, the line is too long."
Not per google