Decriminalizing prostitution?

This would be a great first step.

I'm grateful that law makers, law enforcement & the public are starting to realize that all prostitution is not trafficking nor are all prostitutes pimped & doing this under duress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/n...BVT191_yj2PXJs
It would be nice but I doubt it will look the way we want it to look. We'll never be that libertarian.

The moral majority will have to be appeased in some way so that means the authorities will be all up in the business, taxation, regulation through health checks and the establishment of red light districts or "licensed" brothels either of which will require management.. Management will insist on quantity over quality and districts or brothels will have a Bourbon Street atmosphere. Think Amsterdam. It's a fucking tourist attraction. It will drive independent ladies who provide quality over quantity even further underground.
I was so disappointed in the previous administration over this. We had eight years of the most liberal leadership, executive and legislative, since the Roosevelt years. Nothing was done along these lines.

In 2016, I voted for the libertarian candidate over the Hobby.

What liberal or libertarian candidate in the 2020 election will stand up for decriminalization or legalization of prostitution?
I notice now that I am in my 50's that whenever there is a big societal change about to take place.....

That law enforcement will ramp up against it and get so out of control unfair, like a last ditch effort to incite terror.
It would be nice but not happening
Agree with JStone. Even in certain counties in Nevada where prostition is legal there are still efforts to change the law to outlaw the brothels.
It will never be fully decriminalized, if anything they will pass laws similar to Canada's.
The direction that the liberals in the House are going, they think we need more regulation across the board, actually the same for many of the so called conservatives. Our Government officials (both parties) seem to think that they are a whole lot smarter than us. I have to admit that when I look at the benefits package they have voted for themselves I must agree that we are the dumb ones-letting them get away with that.

Guys and Dolls the last thing we need is more government in our lives, they are NOT smart, just the opposite and we cannot keep re-electing the same Morons because for 1 thing that marks us as Morons as well.
  • pxmcc
  • 06-15-2019, 01:34 PM
^^yes and every gal in the biz is "trafficked"..
I was so disappointed in the previous administration over this. We had eight years of the most liberal leadership, executive and legislative, since the Roosevelt years. Nothing was done along these lines.

In 2016, I voted for the libertarian candidate over the Hobby.

What liberal or libertarian candidate in the 2020 election will stand up for decriminalization or legalization of prostitution? Originally Posted by ICU 812

Prostitution being decriminalized under black president. That would be a bigger conversation that anything our current prez. has said or done.
Anybody that is a one issue voter...shouldn't be voting.
The direction that the liberals in the House are going, they think we need more regulation across the board, actually the same for many of the so called conservatives. Our Government officials (both parties) seem to think that they are a whole lot smarter than us. I have to admit that when I look at the benefits package they have voted for themselves I must agree that we are the dumb ones-letting them get away with that.

Guys and Dolls the last thing we need is more government in our lives, they are NOT smart, just the opposite and we cannot keep re-electing the same Morons because for 1 thing that marks us as Morons as well. Originally Posted by loveitdou
Please expound on a GOOD option...I'd love to hear it.
You are quite presumptuous in labeling morons...I quite agree with the IQ of the people in power, but the American populous not so much.