My Favorite President

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863
The right man, for the right time.

His one single mission, preserve the Union.

Historian Shelby Foote said it best. Before the War, people commonly referred to the Country as "These United States". After the war, the more common phrase became "The United States".

I am a Southerner. I am proud of my Southern, and Texas heritage. But, I am first, and foremost, an American.

Historian Shelby Foote said it best. Before the War, people commonly referred to the Country as "These United States". After the war, the more common phrase became "The United States".

I am a Southerner. I am proud of my Southern, and Texas heritage. But, I am first, and foremost, an American. Originally Posted by Jackie S
+1
One hundred years almost to the day JFK was assassinated. Another great American president. Like Lincoln he held this countries best interest in mind at all times.

Jim
Fucker started the assault of "states rights". Lincoln is the "big government" bullshit.
Fucker started the assault of "states rights". Lincoln is the "big government" bullshit. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
You're an anti-American stooge, Slobbrin.

fucking traitor, plain and simple. illiterate, too.

You're an anti-American stooge, Slobbrin.

fucking traitor, plain and simple. illiterate, too.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

You are a self-loathing Ozombie... LOLing you... Dick Turd

You are a self-loathing Ozombie... [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"] Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
HOw dO yOu figure that? I'm a prOud American, SlObbrin! A self emplOyed Army Vet, taxpayer and someOne whO put three kids through cOllege.

I lOve America. YOure a fucking traitOr!

Please explain how I'm a self lOathing anything, yOu ignOrant retard! absent a lOgical respOnse, we can Only assume yOu're the fucking mOrOn everybOdy believes yOu to be.

HOw dO yOu figure that? I'm a prOud American, SlObbrin! A self emplOyed Army Vet, taxpayer and someOne whO put three kids through cOllege.

I lOve America. YOure a fucking traitOr!

Please explain how I'm a self lOathing anything, yOu ignOrant retard! absent a lOgical respOnse, we can Only assume yOu're the fucking mOrOn everybOdy believes yOu to be.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Self loathing Ozombie... "Dick Turd" is ironing his brown shirts...

figures. retard can't/won't/don't know how to prove his ignorant statements.

How about the N Bomb video you keep,posting, DROOLY Andrews?

figures. retard can't/won't/don't know how to prove his ignorant statements.

How about the N Bomb video you keep,posting, DROOLY Andrews? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
"Dick Turd"... the self loathing Ozitwit... LOLing you "Dick Turd"...

What does that even mean, you sputtering, toffee nosed heap of parrot droppings?

Ozitwit? WTF?

Self-loathing? How do you figure?

LOLing? Is that even bad English?

Dick Turd? At least you were man enough to blame that one on your kid.

WHOLLY SHIT!

I am a Southerner. I am proud of my Southern, and Texas heritage. But, I am first, and foremost, an American. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Actually, that is the problem. "These United States" describes a nation of sovereign states joined together for common defense and currency. "The United States describes a nation where the focus is on the central government.

There is very little to admire about Lincoln.