pressure cooker clubs

About 15 years ago there were several pressure cooker clubs in SE Dallas around I30. Lots of older women looking for action in the afternoon. Lots of good belt buckle polishing dances. I think they turned into Hispanic dance halls. Does anybody know if any of them still exist?
There was one by the Cotton Bowl. And several down in Houston.

I think with the advent of the cell phone where daddy could call mommy during the day (and she better answer!!!) they were all eliminated.
d,
When I saw the title of your thread, my first thought was, recipes for the pressure cooker! LOL! Boy, was I ever wrong!
They were called pressure cooker clubs because these housewives would play around all day then go home an hour before hubby, throw something in the pressure cooker for dinner, and make him think she'd been slaving over a hot stove all day!!!
They sure were a fun place to have a drink and some fun sexy dancing in the middle of the afternoon!
They sure were a fun place to have a drink and some fun sexy dancing in the middle of the afternoon! Originally Posted by dbuddy
And frequently the passion moved out to the parking lot!!!
  • PT4ME
  • 11-06-2010, 11:28 AM
They were called pressure cooker clubs because these housewives would play around all day then go home an hour before hubby, throw something in the pressure cooker for dinner, and make him think she'd been slaving over a hot stove all day!!! Originally Posted by trynagetlaid

........ so now, wouldn't they would be "micro-wave" clubs??

-PT-
Lana,

Me too, well I used to use a pressure cooker but now just a crock pot...lol....I do have a great recipe for tamale chicken...funny.
Are we talking the 1960s? earlier or later?
Lana,

Me too, well I used to use a pressure cooker but now just a crock pot...lol....I do have a great recipe for tamale chicken...funny. Originally Posted by yaddayadda

Can I have that recipe, please?
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Lana- I thought I was the only one about to ask! I love cooking up a storm...
Post the recipe....thanks.
Love to see the recipe too...I have a great Tequila Marinated Cast Iron Skillet Fajita recipe I'll swap ya!
I went a few times to the two Dallas clubs in the early 1990s. They were a blast. I never saw any trouble, just a lot of hot older women (my favorite kind - lol)
........ so now, wouldn't they would be "micro-wave" clubs??

-PT- Originally Posted by PT4ME
or how about the "pop-tarts" club??