Some People Sure Are Amazing Story Tellers...But Is It Always A Good Thing???

If anyone should know the answer to this it should be me! I've recently had a review written about me that was more fiction than anything else. What is a provider suppose to do when a review is written about them that contain untrue things and is hurting their reputation as a provider? What makes it worse is us as providers have to find out through our clients what the review says because we are unable to see the WHOLE description of the review. Is this all really fair? I've been contacted by serveral hobbyist asking the services I offer and they all can tell you that I've never once said I offer some of the "outrageous" services my review said were offered. This is all truly not fair to the hobbyists either because they see services were offered and then they find out they really aren't. It's turly a big let-down. So honestly what can I do? I love being a provider and don't want my reputation ruined by a untrue review?

Thanks,
Lacy Love
RTM to the mods the review and provide as much detail as possible as to what is false. Any actual proof is very helpfull. Cannot always resolve she said/he said issues, but we can try to help.
  • Logan
  • 05-19-2011, 09:03 PM
A few questions –

1) Why wait for nearly a month before saying something (you were very likely aware of the contents weeks ago)?

2) Why link the review to your P411 profile?

3) Eccie members revealed the ROS sections of the review to you? Who were they?

4) There are OTHER hobbyists that have seen you and/or know you and have had similar experiences with you as noted in your review. You also have a history and "past" under your previous identity that ends with "Price".

It took me over a month to say something because it was just brought to my attention multiple times. And as we speak it is getting removed from all my sites.
  • Logan
  • 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
It took me over a month to say something because it was just brought to my attention multiple times. And as we speak it is getting removed from all my sites. Originally Posted by Lacy Lovexxx
Well, isn't that special. Lacy, I’m very happy for you and hopefully you will be able to find the fresh start that you are looking for. Best of luck.

I'm just curiuos, who were handles that brought the review details to your attention?

Yes, how did you get to read your reviews? Ladies are not supposed to have access.
It's quiet in here now.
Well, my session went just fine with her tonight...

I don't WK for anyone, but I just posted my accurate account of our time together.
lil lacy, you are a sweetheart, cute as a button, with an adorable accent and now a killer tan. you've had a great start to a new chapter, so don't let these guys get ya down. if you don't feel comfortable with certain activities with certain guys, just say no. there are over 400 providers on 411, so there are plenty of flavors for all.

Back in the day, the mods would make ladies tell them who leaked PA information, or they'd make them take a little vacation if they refused. Do they still do that?
Back in the day, the mods would make ladies tell them who leaked PA information, or they'd make them take a little vacation if they refused. Do they still do that? Originally Posted by Dannie
That's the way it should be! The OP should now be required to divulge the source of her information with any proof that may remain. At this point it is irrefutable that she has been given private information.
Yes, divulging the contents of the ROS to the lady being reviewed is a Bad Thing (trademark pending). Why? It's predominantly considered a Bad Thing because we believe (rightly or wrongly) that reviews will be more honest and accurate if reviewers are not concerned about a nasty reaction by the lady to an honest but negative comment.

But consider a hypothetical where someone writes a positive, even glowing, review that describes activities that did not actually take place and that are not on her menu. (I'm talking about matters of objective fact, not subjective assessments of her attractiveness or how good she is at something in particular.) Presumably for the ego-stroke of other guys metaphorically clapping him on the back as "what a man!" If you've been on review boards for awhile, you'be undoubtedly noted that kind of response. Yet, without the information from the ROS, the lady being reviewed might not be able to identify it as a false review. But she frequently will find out, when another client comes calling:

He: "I want you to do X."
She: "I'm sorry, I don't do that."
He: "But Joe said you do!"

OK, with that hypothetical in mind: Yes, divulging the ROS to the lady being reviewed may still be a Bad Thing, although not for the primary reasons underlying the policy of confidentiality. But allowing inaccurate information to go unchallenged is also a Bad Thing. Perhaps even a Worse Thing (trademark pending), if it leads other clients to book with her looking for X and then be disappointed when she doesn't. I don't know about you guys, but if a lady only offers CBJ, I sure don't want reviewers to falsely claim she offered BBBJ.

The only way to challenge the false information effectively is for the lady to rebut the review. She can post on her website or ads "I don't do X" and other clients can say "she never did X with me," but some people who read that review will still think "maybe she doesn't do it all the time, but she does it at least occasionally -- after all, Joe said she did it with him -- so I'm going to pressure her to do X with me too." Challenging the accuracy of Joe's review is (potentially) a more effective rebuttal of the perception that she does X. It may be impossible to resolve a he-said/she-said situation, but at least there would be on record a denial of that aspect of that specific review so that readers realize they may not want to accept it on face value. Yet, even that may not be possible without someone divulging the ROS to the lady being reviewed.

So . . . how do you balance two Bad Things? I admit to some surprise that many seem focused only on the first (divulging the ROS) and not the second (false and misleading information in a review).

[Note: This is a general discussion. I don't know the individuals involved, and I don't have Premium Access so I can't even read the review to guess what the dispute concerns.]
[Note: This is a general discussion. I don't know the individuals involved, and I don't have Premium Access so I can't even read the review to guess what the dispute concerns.] Originally Posted by Chevalier
Mods,

Can I subtract 6 weeks of my accumulated Premium access and give it to Chevalier as a mini thank you for all his years of service on ASPD as a mod?
  • Logan
  • 05-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, how did you get to read your reviews? Ladies are not supposed to have access. Originally Posted by Monte Cito
if you don't feel comfortable with certain activities with certain guys, just say no. Originally Posted by alex_0591
+1